View Single Post
Old 10-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Wiring a stereo to my 1985 G1

The generator charges 15A when you are at speed, not at idle. I would recommend you don't use the factory wiring for anything, and you must ground wire anything you add to the cart. You can put a relay on the key to turn the stereo power on when it is on, but I would use a relay and they are only $4 or something. Most people with large stereo put another battery to run the sub amp. You can use an isolator to charge it. If you use one of those little tripath class T or other class D amps they take less power, a smaller one say 50w rms or less can run a long time on a battery. If you use a little one I might not even bother with it unless you plan to run it all day or something. You could also cheat, and just strap a jumper pack on the cart someplace in case you did kill the battery. Most amps protect at 10v, and you should be able to jump it no problem.

They had some stuff on ebay, little amps with FM tuners and SD card readers and even USB or aux inputs. But you can buy a pyle/etc HU that does USB/etc cheap too.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote