View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #21
zx104u2nv
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DOT approved windshield question????

I know I'm not in the same county, but what's it worth I'll tell you this process for me couldn't have been any easier. I made it a lot harder then what it was. Just fill out the paperwork, don't add anything else on the paper that they don't ask for and if you don't have receipts for something just say it was already on the cart when you bought it. I did this with most of my items because they were bought online and I didn't have a receipt stamped PAID. Also, I took my cart to a truck stop to be weighed, also very easily done and quick. Make sure you ask for 2 copies so you can keep one.
One final note, make sure you're ready to get insurance on the spot and they will also give you a tag then. I just called up USAA while I was in the DMV and they faxed a paper over saying I now had insurance. The whole inspection process from start to finish for me was less than 30 min and I was out the door with a tagged and street legal LSV.
There are a couple of other threads in the forum that list out details and helped me so whatever I can do to help the next person I don't mind.
You can also message me if you need. I don't check this everyday so be patient if you do have a question. I hope this helps. :-)
zx104u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote