View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 02:45 PM   #7
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1992 Decided to Idle

Okay back to this thing now. The solenoid clicks when I hit the pedal and my test light lights the (I guess) the pos side of the solenoid terminal but the cart won't turn over. If I take my hand and roll the engine a little and get it off top dead center sometimes it will slowly turn over and fire and run. I've checked the battery and it is fully charged although I haven't put a meter to it yet to see what it's showing when pulling a load.

Is it possible that the starter generator is going bad? I have cleaned every terminal that I can find on that cart today and it's seemed to make no difference. If I put a jumper to the F2 terminal on the starter to the pos on my battery and from the ground of the battery to the A1 on the starter will that roll the starter over? At least I could confirm that it ISN'T the starter/gen that way.

Thank for any help. This rascal is really getting annoying.

Edit: I have change the brushes in the gen maybe going on two years ago so those should be fine.

Edit 2: I'm not real concerned about the battery being weak, I put a charger/jumper on it and switched it to "jump" and tried starting it and it just clicked.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote