View Single Post
Old 11-07-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: How to pull/remove G1 engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrok View Post
I have an 81 gas G1 that I want to remove the engine so I can clean everything up as well as replace the seals and wiring. The carb and cables are already disconnected. Looks like exhaust, belts and wiring are all that's left to unhook. I saw a picture earlier of a frame with no engine. It looks like 4 bolts facing up connected to the frame, 2 in front, 2 in back. I'll have to find them under all the nastiness and take the nuts off from the top and lift the engine out? Thanks for any help.
being an 81 it may still have the "skid plate" attached or you could pull the 4 bolts holding the engine to the cradle. or the 4 nuts on the engine dampners can be removed and the cradle and all comes out. with that age id bet you need engine dampners. They are all 4 the same and are cheaper to buy in sets of 2 as opposed to a set of 4 for some odd reason. with the exhaust id just undo the 2 straps and the springs and remove it off the adapter.

the wires are all color coded and should be pretty straight forward. check and clean all terminals. use some electrical grease when reassembling. All cables from battery to starter/gen and to solenoids should be inspected/ cleaned and or replaced. These cables are know issues with the age of these carts and cause a lot of weird symptoms.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote