View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 09:19 AM   #28
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Bogs or Hesitates Mid Throttle 2002 G-16

First, it's a carbureted system. The fuel pump's only purpose is to fill the carb bowl with fuel. The cart is quite fuel efficient, and on a bowl of fuel will probably run a half mile or more at full throttle. And if the cart is running, the carb has fuel. IT's not a fuel supply issue.

What you have is an air fuel mixture problem. Pulling the choke helps, so you know you are running lean. This leaves 2 possibilities...
1. there's an air intake leak. Spraying carb cleaner while the engine is running around the carb, intake, etc. will change the engine RPM and tone.
2. You've got a problem with the carb. Either a junk china carb, your OEM one is not clean, or it is simply not adjusted properly.

IF you haven't already, I would still recommend taking the junk china carb off and rebuild your OEM carb. IT is 1000% better quality than the china junk. There are a lot of airways inside the carb itself, dirt and junk in any of them can cause problems. I use an ultrasonic cleaner full of carb cleaner to clean my carbs, works like a charm. Then blow it out really well with compressed air through every passage and hole you can find.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote