View Single Post
Old 04-05-2019, 06:28 AM   #5
mdankworth
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16 re-magnetize a flywheel magnet

Status update on this.
Thank you cgtech and trig123 for taking the time and providing responses. This model of cart (G16) without a doubt has the magnet on the flywheel as mentioned by cgtech. All of my attempts to re magnetize this myself failed. I finally found a flywheel posted on ebay, picked this up and resolved the problem.
In my case, I rebuilt the motor myself and can only assume putting heat to the flywheel for removal caused the de magnetizing of the flywheel. Prior to my disassemble it ran fine outside of heavy smoke. Thought I would post a follow up as this may or may not contribute to those of you complaining of weak or intermittent spark. Being a do it your selfer, I would never have given magnet strength a thought when troubleshooting spark. If you’re experiencing weak or no spark this may be an item to review. It would appear the magnet in most or some cases it part of the coil on some models. In the case of a G16 this is not the case, magnet is on the flywheel and without it or with it being weak you will have spark issues.
mdankworth is offline   Reply With Quote