lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2016, 02:11 PM   #151
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29/YDR/Drive Club thread

Does the 2007 G29 gas only come with the larger 357cc engine?
I have sold my CC sparky and going with a Gas G22or G29!

Thanks
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2016, 03:02 PM   #152
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

All G22 and Newer have the 357cc, so yes, its a 357cc. And yes its a G29 "Drive".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #153
bkooncy
Not Yet Wild

Hey just bought a 2012 yamaha drive g29 gas cart. when I got it it GPS tested at 15 mph tightened the governor bolt at got it to 17 mph. What is the cheapest way to get in the low to mid 20s?
bkooncy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #154
bkooncy
Not Yet Wild

also anyone else have trouble with their seat mine is so slippery if i take a corner even moderately fast I slide across it. Any easy fixes for this?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:06 PM   #155
sr71
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

call Don Plowman http://www.plowmanscarts.com. Lot's of threads supporting his knowledge of Yamaha carts. You'll easily meet your goals - you send him your secondary clutch... he'll improve based on your planned usage (and cart setup) including new jets for the carb, air box mods and some other little things. You cannot order from his website ... you have to call or visit in person.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 03:15 PM   #156
nota
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkooncy View Post
also anyone else have trouble with their seat mine is so slippery if i take a corner even moderately fast I slide across it. Any easy fixes for this?
maybe somebody armor-alled the seats [to make them look new]
if so a soapy wash may help

if it is seat material not spray on slick stuff
I have had good luck recovering them
one good source is a thrown out couch
as most have a big back panel that gets little ware or dirt tears ect
leather nauga or cloth but dark is hot in the sun so I like white or lite colors
use a stapler and leave the old cover in place do the front then the sides
helps to have a helper to keep it tight
esp when doing the back last
nota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 08:51 AM   #157
bkooncy
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the advise
Old 04-04-2016, 06:11 PM   #158
rmoss
Not Yet Wild

Changed the trans/diff oil today, installed Mobil 1 75w90 LS and was really surprised that it took nearly a full 2 Qts and still wasn't over flowing. I likely could have gotten the last couple of ounces in but decided that was plenty. I tilted the cart when draining so must of done a good job of getting it all out but that amount for refill still seems strange.
On another note being new to the golf cart thing I was really amazed at the amount of dirt that the pre-filter and filter caught after only about 6 hours of use in conditions I would hardly consider dusty. Makes me wonder if the intake to the filter housing isn't in a very bad place and if making an extension to a cleaner location wouldn't be a good idea. From what I saw there is no way you could get by with the recommended service interval. Dirt ain't real good for engines! Any one noticed this or done a relocation?
rmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 09:48 AM   #159
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Dirt that is caught in the pre cleaner didnt even make it to the filter. Dirt that was trapped in the filter & precleaner did not make it in the engine. The size of the media is very large for the size of the engine. Im in a very dusty area, and the filters are never clogged unless neglected for years.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:00 PM   #160
rmoss
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Dirt that is caught in the pre cleaner didnt even make it to the filter. Dirt that was trapped in the filter & precleaner did not make it in the engine. The size of the media is very large for the size of the engine. Im in a very dusty area, and the filters are never clogged unless neglected for years.
The key is the 6 hrs.; a heck of a lot of dirt for that amount of time and yes I understand pre-filter. From what I saw the filter inlet must be in an area that receives a whole lot of dust from the front end. I merely question whether there might be a better location.
Also what is your opinion of the Mobil 1 with the LS already in it? Do you think it has as much as the Yamaha recommended 90ml?
rmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha