lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2018, 07:57 PM   #21
Bigjewler
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bit the bullet Leaf Lithium build

Looking forward to this build because I’m really looking forward to doing one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigjewler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2018, 09:24 PM   #22
audiman33
Not Yet Wild

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
audiman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:51 AM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Another question:

I'm looking at the ZEVA BMS16V2 and the ZEVA BMS12V2 for batt mgmt. When I read the manuals of each, the BMS16 states "Internally the BMS16 uses two voltage sampling chips which are connected to up to 8 cells each, one spanning terminals 00 to 08 and the second from 08 to 16. These samplers require a minimum of 4 cells each for reliable operation, so for packs with fewer than 12 cells, some unusual wiring is required..."

Ok, they give the example of the wiring which is pretty straight forward.

So, my question is since I have 7 Leaf "Modules", each module containing 2 cells, am I\do I connect 4 "modules" to the 00 to 08 terminals and the remaining 3 to terminals 09 to 16? Or by connection wiring to each modules + and then - terminals, then to the center terminal, am I monitoring each "cell"? (Thus connecting say.....8 cells to 0 to 08 and 6 cells to 09 to 12)

The PDF manual is located here http://www.zeva.com.au/index.php?product=135 and the PDF file can be viewed at the lower right of the web page.

This is likely a pretty straight forward question to you EE guys and believe me.....I value your opinions greatly!!

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #24
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

With the BMS16v2 you'll use 00 to 13 slots to wire your modules then a jumper wire from slot 13 to 16.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:00 AM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
With the BMS16v2 you'll use 00 to 13 slots to wire your modules then a jumper wire from slot 13 to 16.
The jumper goes from slot 14 to 16 (Slot 00 is pack negative and slot 16 is pack positive).
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:05 PM   #26
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Another question:

I'm looking at the ZEVA BMS16V2 and the ZEVA BMS12V2 for batt mgmt. When I read the manuals of each, the BMS16 states "Internally the BMS16 uses two voltage sampling chips which are connected to up to 8 cells each, one spanning terminals 00 to 08 and the second from 08 to 16. These samplers require a minimum of 4 cells each for reliable operation, so for packs with fewer than 12 cells, some unusual wiring is required..."

Ok, they give the example of the wiring which is pretty straight forward.

So, my question is since I have 7 Leaf "Modules", each module containing 2 cells, am I\do I connect 4 "modules" to the 00 to 08 terminals and the remaining 3 to terminals 09 to 16? Or by connection wiring to each modules + and then - terminals, then to the center terminal, am I monitoring each "cell"? (Thus connecting say.....8 cells to 0 to 08 and 6 cells to 09 to 12)

The PDF manual is located here http://www.zeva.com.au/index.php?product=135 and the PDF file can be viewed at the lower right of the web page.

This is likely a pretty straight forward question to you EE guys and believe me.....I value your opinions greatly!!

Dave
I used a 14 cell BMS, as there are 14 series 2X parallel cell units in a 7 module Leaf pack. There will be 15 cell to BMS connection wires in a 7 module Leaf pack.

A 12 cell BMS is not enough, and a 16 cell BMS is a bit large but usable.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:43 PM   #27
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
The jumper goes from slot 14 to 16 (Slot 00 is pack negative and slot 16 is pack positive).
Yes, my mistake
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #28
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I drew this up with my "skillful" artist hands. You can LOL....I don't care. But I know, as BobBoyce has stated, that the jumper goes from slot 14 to 16. But this current drawing doesn't show that.

What I did was to hop-scotch, beginning with 00, a "power" connection, followed by the center stud of the Leaf battery. So, where I believe I went wrong was I should have (and will) switch the terminal 02 and 03 connections. Then as I connect down the line the outcome will be correct. I believe.

So, if you can, please tell me I should make that change. I would have just changed it and scanned it correctly.....but I "caught" my mistake after I scanned it......and I'm to tired right now to change it and re-scan.

Thanks!!

Old 09-10-2018, 02:59 PM   #29
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

There are a few wires on the wrong place, maybe this picture will help (wire #16 from Zeva also goes to pack positive):

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Leaf_14s_zeva.jpg (141.5 KB, 0 views)
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks Sergio. I am very much a visual learner. I need to see the physical drawings\pics on anything that I'm learning about that is new to me.

I'm sure I may be asking some basic questions, OTOH I figure there are also others out there who learn from my post. At least I hope so!!

Again, thanks. The pic helps a lot!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO