lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #11
Pickensmd
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez-Go 2five power upgrade

JGraham, are you getting your controller upgraded as well? Would love to hear feedback from someone with a stock RXV.

Bob, meant to add; mine has already been to the local dealership and had the freedom unlock performed. Will that matter?
Pickensmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 04:18 AM   #12
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

No Bob won't have any problems with reprogramming your controller.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:24 AM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickensmd View Post
JGraham, are you getting your controller upgraded as well? Would love to hear feedback from someone with a stock RXV.

Bob, meant to add; mine has already been to the local dealership and had the freedom unlock performed. Will that matter?
I have to disable Freedom mode before I start the reprogramming. The passkey that the dealers use to turn it on makes hidden changes to reduce output current another 12% to reduce top end speed if larger tires are installed. I reset the controller back to the factory original settings, make my changes, then turn on Freedom mode again without affecting the current output. I will not use a passkey to turn it on again. LOL
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 11:16 AM   #14
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickensmd View Post

Bob did mine with original Curtis 235A controller (in pic) back in Nov of 2018. He did it in person which I recommend if possible. This is not just about top speed. He can tailor accel, speed, regen to your liking. The cart "drive-ability" is much improved.
So, this is a 32mph cart now on the level and I've seen 36mph+ on a slight decline. Acceleration is good right up to 32 and repeatable even after significant battery use. Cart is the same after 18 miles on the charge as it is right off the charger. (haven't tested at more than 1. Cart is as stable at that speed as it is at 15mph. Alignment is important. Still climbs hills as before the controller tune. No issues with malfunctions including parking brake. Range is the same as before the tune if you drive it the same way. If you spend a lot of time in the high 20s - 30s range will be reduced for sure. Current batteries (6x8v T-875s) are 4 years old and still supporting the carts performance as when new and after the tune.
If you can arrange for Bob to do this in person you get to meet him. Makes for a fun and interesting day
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.jpg (612.6 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #15
ATLien
Not Yet Wild

I have a 2011 with the Danaher controller...where would one source a Curtis controller/harness to swap in? Is a new one the only option?...the 2Five’s is different than the RXV model, correct?
ATLien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 12:58 AM   #16
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Dont know where one would get a used one. And yes, harness & controller are both different than regular RXV.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:09 AM   #17
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I have interchanged them before, used a 2Five harness in an RXV and an RXV harness in a 2Five. I just added the missing wiring so it would work for either. There were a few connectors left unused in the RXV one, like the speedometer. E-Z-GO sent me a Danaher 2Five harness by mistake, when I had ordered one for a 2015. They sent me the 2015 one and let me keep the Danaher one. I converted it to Curtis. LOL
Old 05-08-2020, 08:27 PM   #18
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
I thought so, looked up the zip code in your username. I've been in your area twice in the past month. LOL

usgicollector helps me with scheduling the reprogramming trips. He sent you a PM.
Replied to the pm
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:32 PM   #19
Jgraham37128
Not Yet Wild

Also what size tires can you do on a 14” wheel on the 2five without rubbing?
Jgraham37128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 05:14 AM   #20
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgraham37128 View Post
Also what size tires can you do on a 14” wheel on the 2five without rubbing?
205 to 215/40-14

Remove the rear inner wheel well liners if you need more clearance. They are just held in with christmas tree fasteners, so they can be popped out real easy.

Your speedometer will lose accuracy, but you can use a GPS or GPS app on a phone.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO