lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
Silenttrouble
Not Yet Wild

Default Lithium Chargers

Have we come to a consensus on quality lithium charger? I have read a lot of people buying whatever was on alibaba or Chinese chargers.

I'm starting my build, and doing the ordering process and its the one area I've not see any consensus or great feel for on here.
Silenttrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Lithium Chargers

My battery came with a cheap Chinese charger (not lithium specific) and it charged fine, but the issue is that you needed to unplug it immediately after charging as you should not apply a “float” charge to a lithium battery.

I have since purchased a LiFePo4 specific charger from China and I like it much better as I can plug it in and forget it, as it completely shuts off after the constant voltage stage instead of going to float cycle like a flooded cell. It then waits until the power is removed and reapplied to reset and charge again.
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 08:09 AM   #3
fstop
Gone Wild

Doug, do you have a link for the charger you found?
Thanks
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 01:38 PM   #4
dougrobling
Getting Wild
Club Car

Here is the purchase sheet from the one I bought. (They accepted PayPal as well)
Their contact info is on the sheet as well....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 965F7F40-05C7-4725-9758-60482974CAA5.jpg (88.9 KB, 0 views)
dougrobling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #5
Clawyer27
Not Yet Wild

I bought batteries on eBay yesterday. Guy sent me a link to these chargers https://www.ebay.com/itm/12s-13s-14s...ry!48188!US!-1
Clawyer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougrobling View Post
Here is the purchase sheet from the one I bought. (They accepted PayPal as well)
Their contact info is on the sheet as well....
Thanks for the info.

My RoyPow charger has a float mode (they maintain that is proper...) but I have a home automation program that detects the current drawn by the charger and shuts it off 1 minute after it finishes it's high-rate charge.

If you have HA, you can also initiate or delay-start timed sessions (i.e. if you don't want to put in a full charge, or start the charge the following morning etc...). I also have programs that shut off the charger at 10pm so no overnight charging happens, and resumes in the AM for the remaining time if charging was happening previously. Lots of flexibility if you're into that sort of thing... it's easy to just tell Alexa to do whatever, whenever.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 08:27 AM   #7
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawyer27 View Post
I bought batteries on eBay yesterday. Guy sent me a link to these chargers https://www.ebay.com/itm/12s-13s-14s...ry!48188!US!-1
Seems expensive to me. Plenty of chargers for around $100 that work fine
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 09:41 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought a MeanWell charger. It's only 5 amps, but it works fine and stops where I want. It was also under a hundred bucks after shipping.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium