lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #111
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Chevy Volt Lithium

No battery disconnect but I will pull a cable if needed; covers are on (see pic)!

I like that handy dandy setup you have; very nice! I will have to go old school with a MM and probably a buddy........

Looks like I need to go see how to setup that controller also. I've read a few things in here about the 0-5 and 5-0 and my first thought is that is what is happening.

Thank you for the input!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Under seat wiring.jpg (116.9 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #112
morvolts2
Gone Wild

from I read from Sergios reply, your controller would be looking for a 0-5v signal,so my set up wont work.
I have been know to trick things like that with a small battery and pot,but you better just use what you got.
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:53 PM   #113
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hoping to get out tonight yet to look at it and see what I can learn. I am so close and just want to see what this thing will do!!
Old 01-12-2021, 09:41 AM   #114
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
No battery disconnect but I will pull a cable if needed; covers are on (see pic)!

I like that handy dandy setup you have; very nice! I will have to go old school with a MM and probably a buddy........

Looks like I need to go see how to setup that controller also. I've read a few things in here about the 0-5 and 5-0 and my first thought is that is what is happening.

Thank you for the input!!

Interesting setup. Do you have the BMS wiring connected to anything?

Did you use the 12 cell or the 16 cell packs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #115
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvolts2 View Post
and I thought I was Mr. Overkill....

If you use a 2 hole lug put it on the inside of the U shaped busbar.

And if you use 1/0 I would fashion a cable support just past the termination.

Thats a lot of strain on the busbar if its unsupported.One pack will never see enough amperage to warrant 1/0,but if you have it and want to use it....

I would use tinned copper not aluminum alloy lugs

also look for as small of a stud size lug you can find for the size cable youre using. You may need to go to a long barrel lug to get that.

From what I’ve seen, there is a thin metal tab that supports the copper tabs that should help for support. My concern is getting a drill but in there without shorting anything out. I was planning a double battle lug with a long throat and 1/4” bolt holes if I could find them.

1/0 is likely overkill but less resistance is better plus I have about 25’ of red and black cable left over from a job.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:40 AM   #116
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
Interesting setup. Do you have the BMS wiring connected to anything? Did you use the 12 cell or the 16 cell packs?
The batteries are 3s12p and I bought the BMS from the battery supplier. I ordered a custom built Schauer charger set for 50V max to stay safe on the HV charge end (I have read that the BMS that I have is more of a cell balancer) and have bought and installed a quality AH Meter to keep an eye on things.

This is my first cart and first exposure to Lithium batteries, so I am learning as I go!
Old 01-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #117
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
The batteries are 3s12p and I bought the BMS from the battery supplier. I ordered a custom built Schauer charger set for 50V max to stay safe on the HV charge end (I have read that the BMS that I have is more of a cell balancer) and have bought and installed a quality AH Meter to keep an eye on things.

This is my first cart and first exposure to Lithium batteries, so I am learning as I go!
if you still have the internal wiring harness intact add those cheapy low voltage alarms. All it takes is one bad cell to ruin the party and it will show up with low voltage first.For under $10 its cheap insurance.That is unless your BMS has an audible low voltage alarm feature.
Old 01-12-2021, 03:36 PM   #118
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from Texas View Post
From what I’ve seen, there is a thin metal tab that supports the copper tabs that should help for support. My concern is getting a drill but in there without shorting anything out. I was planning a double battle lug with a long throat and 1/4” bolt holes if I could find them.

1/0 is likely overkill but less resistance is better plus I have about 25’ of red and black cable left over from a job.

cut a wooden dowel about 1/2 inch shorter that the drill bit length (when in the drill motor).
Drill thru the dowel and use it as a stop for the drill bit. No worries on shorting anything out.
Old 01-12-2021, 04:47 PM   #119
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Quote:
cut a wooden dowel about 1/2 inch shorter that the drill bit length (when in the drill motor).

Drill thru the dowel and use it as a stop for the drill bit. No worries on shorting anything out.

Very nice suggestion, thank you!

Old 01-12-2021, 05:53 PM   #120
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
if you still have the internal wiring harness intact add those cheapy low voltage alarms. All it takes is one bad cell to ruin the party and it will show up with low voltage first.For under $10 its cheap insurance.That is unless your BMS has an audible low voltage alarm feature.
I do not think that the BMS has any signal, but I can set a relay on my AH Meter to trip on a LV event.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car