lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #121
Will-versed
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Chevy Volt Lithium

One more addendum to this topic going back to my experience with the lithium_batteries vendor on eBay...

I had his older (top mount, not side mount) BMS's still around in my garage and intact, and was thinking about trying to sell them to recoup some of their $200 each cost. When I pulled them off their plastic mounts they turned out to be for Li-ion 12S 36V batteries, not 48V. He had glued them upside down, totally obscuring the labeling.

I did a little more research before contacting the vendor and learned that they are "cheap Chinese junk" (to quote him) modules manufactured by Daly in China and available in both 36V and 48V versions. They sell for about 20-25 bucks each. Maybe his 10x value-add is in the wiring module he adds?!

So I wrote him to ask why he mounted 36V BMS's on his 48V batteries, and here is his direct reply: "The BMS is stamped 36v but they are programmed for 48v from the factory. I have the factory assurance of that."

Maybe that is true, maybe not, but it sure raised some questions in my mind. Caveat Emptor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4990.jpg (170.3 KB, 0 views)
Will-versed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2021, 11:06 AM   #122
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I do not think that the BMS has any signal, but I can set a relay on my AH Meter to trip on a LV event.

not the same.
you need something that will monitor each cell
If system is fully charged and you have one cell drop by 2 volts
how are you going to know? (Your low voltage for the pack will come in
about 8 volts later and by then the cell is damaged and could cascade to others).
morvolts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:09 AM   #123
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will-versed View Post
One more addendum to this topic going back to my experience with the lithium_batteries vendor on eBay...

I had his older (top mount, not side mount) BMS's still around in my garage and intact, and was thinking about trying to sell them to recoup some of their $200 each cost. When I pulled them off their plastic mounts they turned out to be for Li-ion 12S 36V batteries, not 48V. He had glued them upside down, totally obscuring the labeling.

I did a little more research before contacting the vendor and learned that they are "cheap Chinese junk" (to quote him) modules manufactured by Daly in China and available in both 36V and 48V versions. They sell for about 20-25 bucks each. Maybe his 10x value-add is in the wiring module he adds?!

So I wrote him to ask why he mounted 36V BMS's on his 48V batteries, and here is his direct reply: "The BMS is stamped 36v but they are programmed for 48v from the factory. I have the factory assurance of that."

Maybe that is true, maybe not, but it sure raised some questions in my mind. Caveat Emptor

so you have a $180 wiring harness?
Old 01-13-2021, 05:47 PM   #124
Will-versed
Not Yet Wild

Two of them.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:56 AM   #125
kofifi
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will-versed View Post

How much you thinking of selling it for?
kofifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 05:43 PM   #126
Will-versed
Not Yet Wild

Because only one has the blue lead wired in, I think they need to be sold as a pair. I'll sell 'em both for $100. Remember that these are not true BMS's but cell balancers, and you will need to peruse all the postings on this thread to understand how to use/support them.

As a neophyte user of this forum I'll have to research if/how to list them in the classifieds, or whether I can just post my email address for you to contact me.
Old 01-14-2021, 05:58 PM   #127
morvolts2
Gone Wild

use the PM feature to communicate one on one
dont post your email or ph #
Old 01-14-2021, 08:32 PM   #128
Will-versed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks MV2. I saw that I could post in the classifieds now after 4 posts, but there was nothing I could find in the posting rules prohibiting personal info. But I'll follow your lead and try the PM feature.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:34 PM   #129
morvolts2
Gone Wild

Im not sure if its in the rules(some forums forbid personal info being displayed)
but its just a good practice.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:54 AM   #130
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvolts2 View Post
Im not sure if its in the rules(some forums forbid personal info being displayed)
but its just a good practice.
X2
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car