lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 01:18 PM   #11
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Curtis cab door latches on carryall

Well one thing we can lay to rest is that this cab is not made by curtis. I have been told that in facebook groups and on this forum, and a club car dealer contacted curtis with pictures and they said that this style cab is not theirs. he is currently reaching out to club car for more information
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #12
1970buick
Gone Wild

Good info! I am curious who makes it and how expensive replacement parts are if they even exist!
1970buick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #13
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post
Good info! I am curious who makes it and how expensive replacement parts are if they even exist!
Hopefully I can find out. I too am curious if it was a club car cab or what make it is..... in case something breaks
Old 01-25-2021, 01:52 PM   #14
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970buick View Post

Club car dealer hasn't reached out. But he did confirm its not a curtis cab, as i mentioned earlier.

I should have taken more pictures of how I fixed the broken spring, but I have one that shows how I did it pretty well.

You can see where I had to drill out the spot welds holding the inside piece with the the outside handle piece. I forget the size but I started small, then upped the drill bit size until they came apart with a little bit of force.

As I could see from the outside, the spring was broken. I took it into ace hardware and got one from the hardware section, just had to trim it down.

Put everything back together and tack welded it in case I ever need to get in there again. reinstalled and the new spring was plenty bigger and stronger but should work just fine. painted it black and you'd never notice.

glad I hadn't tried to purchase a camper latch, because I would have been guessing on the fitment and size/possibly dealing with returns.

I would gladly purchase one to have on the shelf / possibly keep this repaired one as a spare. I trust my handy work but it seems like it would be nice to know one could get one if ever needed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg latch weld.jpg (76.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg latch outside.jpg (39.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-22-2021, 05:31 PM   #15
Ashleyk7399
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Id say our cabs are identical, I really like that back cap thing that you have, does it flip up like the factory bed?

My front flip out window is yellow too, probably because its plastic and got lots of sun vs the glass windshield. I took my doors off in the summer and I plan on taking my rear and possibly my front windshield out in the summer next year. I know if I only have the rear windshield out it will blow everything from the bed into the cab, so thats why I was going to take out both.

If you ever need to take your cab off it is also way easier to do it in three pieces. It's about9 or 10 bolts. I took it off in one piece the first time and realized I could put it back together way easier in three pieces. Also makes handling it way lighter and less awkward.

Mine had a small heater in the passenger glove box that I removed and a fan that isn't hooked up as well.

Also, I know you mentioned you were worried about breaking the rear windshield. Mine looks like they have hit it with anything and everything they put in the bed (it was owned by a property maintenance company) it has so many scratches. I was more personally worried about replacing that glass windshield. Probably not cheap or fun - but having said that I have no idea if replacement glass is available for front or back. But at least the back is plastic.
Hi there.. do you plan on putting your doors back on? If not, would you want to sell them? Also, interested in selling the heater? Thanks!
Ashleyk7399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car