lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2021, 07:20 PM   #1
Threest20
Not Yet Wild

Default Allied or Roypow

Hey all, hope everyone is well. So I have a new cart, 2013 Yamaha YDRE. I’m not sure if its a Drive or G-series, I don’t know how to tell. It is all stock, though. The batteries are shot. I charge them up, get about a day of usage at the campground and notice the lights dimming at night and it starts slowing down and down. They are old batteries anyway. I’ve been searching through the forum looking for anything about a true, easy lithium swap. I was told of the company Allied and the company Roypow. Does anyone have any preference as to which one is better or another company even? I am looking for the most complete, “true plug and play” system to replace the batteries. I do want lithium, no doubt about that. Possible upgrades to the controller, solenoid and motor later, but for now just looking to do the batteries. Sorry for the long post, thank you in advance!
Threest20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #2
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Allied or Roypow

I recently went with the Allied and it is truly Battery Replacement. I opted to go with their charger witch is an onboard set up.
Have no experience with Roypow, But I believe it is the same.
Install the Batteries and go...
You loose a lot of weight and you will feel the difference right away.
Went with Allied because I got a deal on them that is the only reason.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:55 PM   #3
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Allied, Dakota, and RELiON are the closest you’ll get to direct drop in replacements but they come at a premium.

RoyPow and ExtremeTeamCarts offer single packs that are more cost effective but will likely require adjustments to the battery bay and some very minor wiring adjustments depending on if you use your onboard voltage reducer or the one built into the packs.

Due to cost I will be purchasing an ExtremeTeam pack in the coming months. They have great reviews, many users on here have them, excellent performance, and are mostly plug and play.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 08:21 PM   #4
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briboy View Post
I recently went with the Allied and it is truly Battery Replacement. I opted to go with their charger witch is an onboard set up.
Have no experience with Roypow, But I believe it is the same.
Install the Batteries and go...
You loose a lot of weight and you will feel the difference right away.
Went with Allied because I got a deal on them that is the only reason.
Where can you get deals on Allied Lithiums now? Thanks!
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 05:23 AM   #5
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
Where can you get deals on Allied Lithiums now? Thanks!
Plowmans sells Allied and they are a site sponsor.
My Allied batteries were used and came from another member here. Drove 8 hours round trip to get them. I am happy with them and they definitely Sold me on the advantages over Lead Acid, but they are a little wonky IE.. not charging fully and loosing voltage when sitting. But I am still learning as well. These issues may be my Ignorance.
Personally I have a strong Electrical Background and could easily build a DIY pack but I will not. I would spend the extra money over and over on Drop In Lithium Batteries.
This coming Fall/Winter I am building an old Yamaha and will be comparing my needs with Allied, Roypow, Dakota, and RELiON. Needs vs Price vs Availability.
Then ordering my next set.
If $cost$ is an issue PM me, there is a supplier that is not a sponsor that has financing. I am thinking about this due to wanting to replace my used set and also buy for other cart. Two new sets is gonna be a bit hard to get past the banker (my wife).
Edit: I ordered my charger from this site and asked a ton of questions and the support I received was very good.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha