lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2021, 04:01 PM   #1
Coach00ec
Not Yet Wild

Default 1986 Ezgo golf cart 2 cycle

This has been a project for over a year now. The cart sat for 2 years with nothing covering the engine compartment before I got it. It will run fine for several minutes, but when you come to a full stop it won’t fire and go. It will also stall if you just ride it around for several minutes. Earlier today my son drove it 150 feet and stopped and it wouldn’t fire. Everything is new under the seat. The only items I didn’t replace are the Coil, primary clutch, fuel tank, and a box with wires coming out beside the ignitor. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. The engine was rebuilt last year. It has spark at the spark plug, the battery has been charged, I’m at a loss. It’s feeding fuel.
Coach00ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 04:07 PM   #2
Coach00ec
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1986 Ezgo golf cart 2 cycle

I should add that usually after sitting for awhile it will fire and go for a short time again. Also spark plug is new in last month.
Old 06-23-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a twenty dollar carburetor is the issue.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:46 PM   #4
Coach00ec
Not Yet Wild

It’s possible but the carb is new a month ago. I’ve changed a ton of stuff and nothing seems to fix it.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:26 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach00ec View Post
It’s possible but the carb is new a month ago. I’ve changed a ton of stuff and nothing seems to fix it.
Yes, but is it a $20 carb? If so, that's probably the issue. The cheap china carbs are usually junk. If you have the original, clean it properly and use that.

When it "won't fire", take a spray bottle with fuel/oil mix and spray it directly into the carb while it's cranking. If it starts, then you likely have a carb issue.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 07:19 AM   #6
Coach00ec
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, I’ll give it a try. I did put the prior carb on, but it didn’t fix the issue. The old carb leaks a lot of fuel out of the overflow, so that’s why I changed it originally. Someone locally said something about a possible vapor lock and suggested taking the fuel cap off but that didn’t work either. Lots of gas/black on spark plug but it’s getting really good spark.

I know we probably can’t suggest any dealers but if anyone has a recommendation for a place to purchase a good carb I would be open to it.

Thanks again,

Erick
Old 06-29-2021, 07:17 PM   #7
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

also would like to know where to get a "good carb". I bought an Amazon carb, my buddy has had good luck with them. Wondering if it might be part of my issues as well.
hntz4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO