lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-25-2021, 03:21 PM   #1
CCScooter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Air shock

Hello all

Has anyone put air shocks on a gas Club Car DS? I’m wanting to go to a soft leaf spring then use the shock as the damper. I tired of the ruff ride. Any thoughts?
CCScooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2021, 06:06 AM   #2
CCScooter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Air shock

I found that someone has used the Monroe MA705 for air shocks? They mentioned they had a small modify, does anyone no what modification would need to be done?
Old 08-26-2021, 06:19 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I tried air shocks once and found you need to run individual air fills or put a shut off valve between the two shocks after you fill it.
When you air up and then with one person on the cart the air is forced out of the heavy side into the other shock causing exaggerated lean.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
Bassdeer
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCScooter View Post
Hello all

Has anyone put air shocks on a gas Club Car DS? I’m wanting to go to a soft leaf spring then use the shock as the damper. I tired of the ruff ride. Any thoughts?
Tagged, my wife hates the rough ride also
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Not much you can do with the leaf spring suspension, The shocks are not as much the reason for the rough ride as the leaf setup.
Try airing down your tires, what tires are you running on them?
Stock tires have a really thick sidewall and offer no give when you roll over anything.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:26 PM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Try taking a leaf or two outta your current leaf spring setup.

When I went to lithium my 4 leaf, leaf spring setup, I took out two leafs on each side. My kidney's continue to send me thank you cards.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 07:42 AM   #7
CCScooter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

For tires I run low profile tires, yes these to make the ride worse. I can take a little air out of them. I did have the heaving duty springs installed. I went ahead and removed the extra two springs, running only one spring now with no shocks. The ride is WAY better, without bottoming out. Now I’m going to do some modification to install Monroe MA705 air shocks. Not sure that I will get them installed for a month or so, I got some other things to get done first. I will update once there on. Thank you for everyone’s input
Old 09-07-2021, 10:05 AM   #8
CCScooter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Just finished the install on Monroe MA705 air shocks. Attached are some pictures of the mod I did. Original I had stiff springs in the rear, I removed all the springs except the main. The ride on the springs only is so much better, very soft ride. The main reason I’ve added the Monroe shocks is when I have four people on the cart. That way I can add some air to keep the back from bottoming out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 902DBA85-FA05-4EC0-8ADE-4CCF62358CAE.jpg (127.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #9
CCScooter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Another pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A01F3A30-01DA-4778-8FD9-EE74684C0F1B.jpg (154.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-07-2021, 11:08 AM   #10
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCScooter View Post
Just finished the install on Monroe MA705 air shocks. Attached are some pictures of the mod I did. Original I had stiff springs in the rear, I removed all the springs except the main. The ride on the springs only is so much better, very soft ride. The main reason I’ve added the Monroe shocks is when I have four people on the cart. That way I can add some air to keep the back from bottoming out.

I'm guessing that's not the factory top mount for the shock?

Also, do you have each shock on an independent air valve? I read someone stated that putting them on the same air valve creates an issue where if two people are on the same side, that side will lean and "push" the compressed air to the other shock.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air ride
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car