lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #41
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Thinking about going Lithium soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveweree View Post
Update: Ran cart through woods for another ~4 miles.

Plugged charger in, and it gave the same error code again. Just a little panic. But on the second cycle, it started charging normally.

For the record, this charger startup error code sequence is:

Plug in to 120V.
1 green, 1 yellow, fan starts.
5 green flashes (~5 seconds), fan stops.
1 yellow, 1 red.
Green/red/green/red/pause - repeats 5 times.
Then it repeats this cycle over again.
Gee whiz! That's a high "pucker factor".

My battery was returned by UPS back to ECO due to "Hazardous material issues"!

Now what is this about? I hope someone just forgot the label.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #42
grtskydog
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

A word on the SOC for the ECO.

Initially, I would advise keeping your meter on "volts" not %. Apparently, the meter is rated for 250A and above that it loses its "%" calibration...and most of us are running past that with aftermarket controllers. My cart died at "50%" while going to the store. That's on me, since I wasn't monitoring the voltage. Voltage was...let's just say low. The tech at ECO (Noah) said they are working on a new SOC meter that will have a more reliable % calibration. He was also concerned with my range (13 miles when it died). We are going to monitor that with a couple more charges. He said I should be doing better than 20 miles...even with my mods. Felt I might need another battery if it doesn't improve. This was all on my phone on the side of the road on a text chat. Instantly got back to me and we were troubleshooting withing a few minutes after contact.

Needless to say, ECO has shown excellent customer support from my experience so far. I'm glad I made the purchase. They seem to be a company that will stand behind their products. It's nice to see them joining the forum.
grtskydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 11:06 AM   #43
cmullarkey
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselnut View Post
The specs on the website are correct. The BMS was upgraded but the battery decals didn’t get made in time to reflect the upgrades. It can handle anything you throw at it.
Great info
cmullarkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 07:51 AM   #44
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtskydog View Post
A word on the SOC for the ECO.

Initially, I would advise keeping your meter on "volts" not %. Apparently, the meter is rated for 250A and above that it loses its "%" calibration...and most of us are running past that with aftermarket controllers. My cart died at "50%" while going to the store. That's on me, since I wasn't monitoring the voltage. Voltage was...let's just say low. The tech at ECO (Noah) said they are working on a new SOC meter that will have a more reliable % calibration. He was also concerned with my range (13 miles when it died). We are going to monitor that with a couple more charges. He said I should be doing better than 20 miles...even with my mods. Felt I might need another battery if it doesn't improve. This was all on my phone on the side of the road on a text chat. Instantly got back to me and we were troubleshooting withing a few minutes after contact.

Needless to say, ECO has shown excellent customer support from my experience so far. I'm glad I made the purchase. They seem to be a company that will stand behind their products. It's nice to see them joining the forum.
I purchased the 72Ah kit based on things I learned here. The installation is complete and I couldn't be happier.

I have had great communication from them, especially Andre who has answered questions from me twice on two different Sunday evenings. I don't think those people ever sleep!

After reading your post here, I decided to leave my original voltage meter connected also. This way I can watch the voltage constantly with a well lit readout. Then I leave the SOC meter on percentage. So far the number have all matched according to my SOC chart in this thread:

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=178870

I sent you a PM with this onformation.

Tom
Old 09-03-2021, 04:03 PM   #45
jms0120
Not Yet Wild

Lots of great information... so confused on how to know what lithium batteries to get for my soon to be EZGO Express L6 72v
jms0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #46
Steveweree
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well after 4 weeks of use, now the third charger has stopped charging and is going through the same on/off cycle with error codes, exactly the same as the first two chargers.

Batteries currently at 46% and 38.29V. Reached out to ECO - waiting on a reply.
Now what?
Steveweree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 09:39 AM   #47
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveweree View Post
Well after 4 weeks of use, now the third charger has stopped charging and is going through the same on/off cycle with error codes, exactly the same as the first two chargers.

Batteries currently at 46% and 38.29V. Reached out to ECO - waiting on a reply.
Now what?
I'm so sorry to hear this. Has it been resolved by EB? Try the chat feature on the website. I have had good, fast response doing that.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:38 AM   #48
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump
Old 09-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #49
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump #2.

Steveweree, has ECO helped with the charging issue yet? We are all curious to know if they have offered any successful help with this problem.
Old 02-10-2022, 05:56 PM   #50
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hello Steveweree,

Our forum has not heard back from you since 9/9/2021 about your 144Ah Eco Battery charging problem. The last thing you wrote was the third charger started doing the same thing as the first two.

I'm really curious to learn if EB has corrected the problem for you. Or was there something else going on with your setup?

Your writeup and problems with EB are the only EB posts that indicate a problem with Eco Battery in any way. All of the other ones are very positive, including mine. In my opinion, no other drop in lithium available can hold a candle to EB.

Hope all is well with you and your cart.

Tom
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO