lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2021, 05:53 PM   #1
whistlebritches
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 YDRE issue-I'm stumped

14 ydre. Customer brought machine in, will not pull at all. Reverse beeper is missing, has a lift kit, other than that it's bone stock.

My tests. Checked battery pack voltage (50.8v). Checked contactor solenoid-it is a Curtis contactor and it clicks only when you push the pedal down. Checked solenoid contacts by testing voltage at the controller (50.8v with contactor engaged, then when it disengages, it drops off slowly). Contactor does not seem to be welded, and I can watch the contacts themselves extend and contract normally (Curtis contactor's contacts are visible). Checked voltage at the beeper connector, and I was not getting battery voltage when the FNR is placed into R. Tested motor, (F1 to A2, A1 to F2), motor turned. After checking the wiring and not finding anything out of the ordinary, I put a controller on it. Yamaha controller back-ordered forever, so I ordered an Alltrax XCT yamaha "kit". Installed it today. Still does not move. Clicks when you push the accelerator, no movement from the tires. So I verified the wiring, appears fine (nothing cut, damaged, etc)-and then jumpered the motor again (F1 to A2, and A1 to F2--and then A1 to 8v+ and F1 to 8v-)--motor turns. Out of curiousity, I then reversed the polarity of my jumper leads at one of the batteries to see if the motor would change direction--nope....no matter which way you put the leads on, it only runs forward. OH --I also checked the TPS, and it is within spec.

When I turn the key on, the alltrax XCT LED will blink I think 3 times, then it stays on solid.

Ideas? Suggestions?
whistlebritches is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2021, 06:13 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2014 YDRE issue-I'm stumped

Hook up a laptop to the Alltrax with their software and you can easily troubleshoot it. My bet is on a bad motor - at least needs brushes. Yamaha Hitachi motors are very prone to failure - brushes. The Alltrax software is very useful - and you can verify that you have the correct Field Map installed and the correct throttle type.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Half way through the read I was thinking at least brushes, Maybe even surface the commutator.
At least do a visual inspection?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:00 AM   #4
whistlebritches
Not Yet Wild

I don't have, nor have access to alltrax toolkit. Wish I did but I don't.

I'll look at the motor brushes when I get a minute.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you have a laptop, you can install the toolkit. You can download it from Alltrax. I would not work with one of these controllers without it. How do you know that it's set up correctly for this cart and motor????
Old 10-28-2021, 09:09 AM   #6
whistlebritches
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
If you have a laptop, you can install the toolkit. You can download it from Alltrax. I would not work with one of these controllers without it. How do you know that it's set up correctly for this cart and motor????

Sounds good. But how do I connect alltrax to confuser?
Old 10-28-2021, 09:19 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

You just need a laptop, the software and a USB printer cable.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #8
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The manual that comes with it shows you how to hook up but it's just USB. You can download the software and user manual from Alltrax website. It is very easy to use. IT shows every input to the ALltrax and what state it's in so you can test all switches and throttle. Most important, you can set up everything for your motor and throttle type. You can also log all switches, voltages, currents while driving and go back and look at them later to diagnose problems or just see how it's operating. A very useful tool!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha