lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1997 Carryall-1 high speed gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
Ive never seen a stock one that high.

I get 22 tops in mine with 23" tires and using the zip tie mod.
I at one point got 24 but it was super loud and didnt sound great so I backed it down. Never hit rev limiter at any point but i've never seen a stock cart hit 20mph maybe I'm not trying hard enough
All of mine would do between 18-20mph before the rev limiter hit depending on belt and clutch condition. And I’ve had about a hundred gas DS and carryalls

My 2000 carryall 2 with 25” tires would run 25-26mph and I don’t think I ever really messed with the governor on that one…
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2022, 10:17 AM   #12
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
All of mine would do between 18-20mph before the rev limiter hit depending on belt and clutch condition. And I’ve had about a hundred gas DS and carryalls

My 2000 carryall 2 with 25” tires would run 25-26mph and I don’t think I ever really messed with the governor on that one…
mine sounds like its going to rattle apart at 24 mph. guess i will max out the zip tie mod and see what I can blow up? are you only adjusting linkage / doing the zip tie? No idea on my clutch condition maybe thats affecting mine more than I know
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:30 AM   #13
KartMan154
Gone Wild

Club Car

Post Re: 1997 Carryall-1 high speed gears

I made my Carryall go faster by bypassing the governor & rev limiter. Also installed a tachometer to watch those RPM's.
KartMan154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:57 AM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
mine sounds like its going to rattle apart at 24 mph. guess i will max out the zip tie mod and see what I can blow up? are you only adjusting linkage / doing the zip tie? No idea on my clutch condition maybe thats affecting mine more than I know
Just a zip tie on the spring at the governor arm. I tighten it a few clicks at a time until it “kisses” the rev limiter, occasionally hitting it on long flat stretches. Then I use a pick tool to lift the little tab in the zip tie and loosen it a few clicks until the “kiss” with the rev limiter goes away. That’s all it’s gonna do speed wise.

Clutches make a huge impact on speed and torque. If clutches are worn then you’re not getting the maximum amount of gearing. Usually the drive clutch is the one to wear, with a big wave in the middle. The belt should come all the way to the very edge of the drive clutch at max rpm. If it doesn’t then it’s not pulling it all the way to the middle of the driven clutch and you’re losing gearing on the top end.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car