lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2022, 06:25 AM   #11
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Default Re: Accelerator(Throttle) Response

Oh that’s good info. Is that a manual? Do you have the full version you can share?
__JAG__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2022, 04:56 PM   #12
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by __JAG__ View Post

05.01.08 - Throttle DI Ramp up = 3000 *(I'm a little confused by this since the max is listed at 30)
05.01.09 - Throttle DI Ramp Down = 1000 *(Max listed at 1000)
I noticed the max values for these two settings is 32767 in the document KrazyMatt posted as opposed to what the software says.
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 12:25 AM   #13
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
I noticed the max values for these two settings is 32767 in the document KrazyMatt posted as opposed to what the software says.
Those are analog values. I’m guessing when Lvtong prepared the manual there was no signal on these 2 input strands. Analog signals commonly display this value if there’s wiring issue of some sorts…
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:49 AM   #14
BobInDaytona
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
Those are analog values. I’m guessing when Lvtong prepared the manual there was no signal on these 2 input strands. Analog signals commonly display this value if there’s wiring issue of some sorts…
From a computer's point of view, it is the largest positive number that fits into 16 bits.
BobInDaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #15
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

The speed limit here in our HOA is 20 mph. Since I have trouble maintaining this speed with the peddle as described here in this thread, I decided to lower my top speed limit to 20 mph. I figured that I could just hold the peddle full open and let the motor controller maintain that speed for me. This worked as intended and I am much happier with it this way.

What I didn't expect though is that the throttle response is now much more controllable throughout its range. The speed control has a much nicer feel to it for me and I don't have to constantly make fine adjustments to maintain a desired speed.

I know that lowering the top speed is the opposite of what most here are trying to achieve. But for those like me who don't care about high speed, this is an option.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:53 PM   #16
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
The speed limit here in our HOA is 20 mph. Since I have trouble maintaining this speed with the peddle as described here in this thread, I decided to lower my top speed limit to 20 mph. I figured that I could just hold the peddle full open and let the motor controller maintain that speed for me. This worked as intended and I am much happier with it this way.

What I didn't expect though is that the throttle response is now much more controllable throughout its range. The speed control has a much nicer feel to it for me and I don't have to constantly make fine adjustments to maintain a desired speed.

I know that lowering the top speed is the opposite of what most here are trying to achieve. But for those like me who don't care about high speed, this is an option.
Oh i noticed the same as well and it totally makes sense. The resolution of your speed control will be much greater the lower your max speed. There is not a transmission. So 50% pedal will be 50% speed, etc. Unless you have a throttle curve programmed in.
Old 07-06-2022, 04:47 PM   #17
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by __JAG__ View Post
Oh i noticed the same as well and it totally makes sense. The resolution of your speed control will be much greater the lower your max speed. There is not a transmission. So 50% pedal will be 50% speed, etc. Unless you have a throttle curve programmed in.
I agree. But my perception of the amount of improvement seems to be more than just what can be explained by the increased resolution. I have to say, however, this is a subjective judgement on my part. I haven't done any testing.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:31 AM   #18
AdamP
Getting Wild

I would also like to mention the firmware update solves the problem of the peddle response not being smooth
AdamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:36 AM   #19
Lambert
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamP View Post
I would also like to mention the firmware update solves the problem of the peddle response not being smooth
My cart came from the factory with version 2.00 of the firmware. So it does not solve the problem for me.

I have read that there were a few throttle issues that were fixed in version 2.00 of the firmware. But not the one as described by the OP in this thread, as I can attest. And I would hazard a guess that his firmware is up to date as well.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:02 PM   #20
__JAG__
Getting Wild

Quote:
My cart came from the factory with version 2.00 of the firmware. So it does not solve the problem for me.

I have read that there were a few throttle issues that were fixed in version 2.00 of the firmware. But not the one as described by the OP in this thread, as I can attest. And I would hazard a guess that his firmware is up to date as well.
Correct, my firmware is the latest. I just did not care for the throttle curve that was programmed from the factory.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon