lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2022, 01:25 PM   #1
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Smile EZGO works one day, and doesn't the next

We have an older EZGO txt. I think it's a 2000 model. When it runs it runs great, but lately it has started intermittently not working.

Yesterday morning I turned the key and it worked great, drove around the yard, and parked it. Yesterday afternoon I turned the key, hit the pedal, and nothing at all.

This happens everyday. It will work one day, and not the next, and then it starts working again for seemingly no reason. Nothing seems to be happening to cause it to work or not work.

We have checked the key switch, and the accelerator box under the floor panel. The batteries are fine. All connections have been cleaned and tightened.

This is frustrating.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or give me some advice? Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batteries.jpg (225.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg controller.jpg (219.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg model info.jpg (193.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg front of cart.jpg (205.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FNR and controller.jpg (227.1 KB, 0 views)
XCOP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2022, 06:45 PM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO works one day, and doesn't the next

Check the condition of the wiring and plug between the 6 pin plug on top of the controller and the pedal box. Usually there is a four pin in-line Molex connector located in the battery compartment between the bottom front center and the controller. Moisture and/or corrosion in this connector can cause strange symptoms. Next time it won't run wiggle these connectors.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 07:57 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Everything in your pix looks very dirty. I would clean everything up and check all connections. You have a bad connection somewhere if it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:15 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I would think warn brushes cause this too. But the connections RadioMan and VA mentioned are what I'd look at first.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 08:09 AM   #5
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

In pix 5 the troublesome in-line Molex connector between the pedal box and controller is shown. You need to make some voltage checks. Most of the wiring you need to access to narrow down the area of trouble is in pix 5 in your post #1. When you press the pedal and the cart don't move do you hear the solenoid click?

Last edited by radioman; 08-09-2022 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: more tips
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 12:05 PM   #6
coosa
Gone Wild

First thing I always do when a cart won't go is take apart the molex connections and spray every connection on both sides with electrical cleaner. I would say that 90% of the time that makes it go again. One of my carts will sometimes sit for 3 weeks and then it might not go when I try it. Cleaning those connections has fixed it every time so far.

If you don't have a spray can of electrical cleaner, I would go to an auto parts store and buy some, then use it as part of your monthly maintenance when you check the batteries. Good luck with it
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:29 PM   #7
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the info. I read many of the threads here before posting, and I have been listening out for the solenoid (with the seat up) when the cart works and when it does not work...and it never clicks even when it works. Is this possible, and what does this mean?
Old 08-09-2022, 04:33 PM   #8
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I plan on eliminating that Molex connector (as has been suggested here) this evening or tomorrow morning. I will inspect the wiring at this time also, and post here.

Should I perform the troubleshooting steps listed in the chapterE.pdf suggested in various places on this site or could this be something more simple?
Old 08-09-2022, 04:33 PM   #9
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Everything in your pix looks very dirty. I would clean everything up and check all connections. You have a bad connection somewhere if it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
I will get the wiring cleaned up this evening or in the morning (it has been super hot and humid here lately, waiting for a cooler evening).

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2022, 04:35 PM   #10
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosa View Post
First thing I always do when a cart won't go is take apart the molex connections and spray every connection on both sides with electrical cleaner. I would say that 90% of the time that makes it go again. One of my carts will sometimes sit for 3 weeks and then it might not go when I try it. Cleaning those connections has fixed it every time so far.

If you don't have a spray can of electrical cleaner, I would go to an auto parts store and buy some, then use it as part of your monthly maintenance when you check the batteries. Good luck with it
I do have a can of spray cleaner, but would it be better to eliminate that connector and replace it with butt-splices? I have seen this mentioned on this site numerous times.

Thank you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO