lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2022, 05:51 PM   #41
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

Before soldering, seperate the boards and clean the ZEVA board around the area with the pins with IPA or Denatured Alcohol. If you haven’t already done it, You can run the wick over it to remove any old solder that’s left.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2022, 10:57 PM   #42
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: So..Who's selling a good BMS system for a 48V Lithium Ion Leaf pack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
Before soldering, seperate the boards and clean the ZEVA board around the area with the pins with IPA or Denatured Alcohol. If you haven’t already done it, You can run the wick over it to remove any old solder that’s left.
Thanks. Good info to know.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 10:59 PM   #43
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
I will make the suggestion although at this point, it may not be worth while... https://www.ebay.com/itm/40320739084...mis&media=COPY
At this point, your suggestions are a day late and a dollar short.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:58 PM   #44
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
At this point, your suggestions are a day late and a dollar short.
Well to be fair I first suggested one back on page 1 of this thread. Before you responded that your son was going to help.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 06:39 AM   #45
DaveTM
Gone Wild

What I actually used was this item https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JKPS44E...roduct_details and removed the solder, once heated up, with compressed air from....an air compressor. (Wicking was simply not working well)

It worked...came out rougher than I wanted or preferred, but I'll see how it goes. The "worse" outcome is I'll lose the touch screen that makes it easy to individual cell balances. OTOH, I have a digital in dash VM that always has shown within .1V the same as the monitor has shown. I can check individual cell balances easy enough with my MM...it just won't be convenient.

The whole purpose of attempting to change the LCD screen was to "gain back" the ability to change BMS settings. Ok, if that's lost, then there is\was nothing I did that "lost that". That was already gone.

And I can live with the existing BMS settings, use the cart, check the cells balancing with my MM. And continue to use the cart until I decide to replace the BMS, mebby buy the small board that I've been trying to salvage (hey....it could be the reason for the malfunction) and let someone who knows what they are doing re-flash it.

Lots of options...none of which is all the big of a deal.
Old 12-22-2022, 06:54 AM   #46
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I was reading thru the "Extreme Team Belly UP" thread and noticed a reference to a JBD BMS system.

I did a search and found these BMS's https://jiabaidabms.com/products/jbd...-can-functions but a quick look at the spec's for Lith-Ion shows the cell voltage range is 2.2-3.75.

I currently charge my pack to 56.3V which is 4.02VPC. It would appear to me that this BMS would "leave power on the table" so-to-speak, as I would not be able to get the pack charge to the 56-57V range.

Am I missing something here?
Old 12-22-2022, 08:43 AM   #47
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I was reading thru the "Extreme Team Belly UP" thread and noticed a reference to a JBD BMS system.

I did a search and found these BMS's https://jiabaidabms.com/products/jbd...-can-functions but a quick look at the spec's for Lith-Ion shows the cell voltage range is 2.2-3.75.

I currently charge my pack to 56.3V which is 4.02VPC. It would appear to me that this BMS would "leave power on the table" so-to-speak, as I would not be able to get the pack charge to the 56-57V range.

Am I missing something here?
It looks to me that they spec sheet is only showing lithium iron not the NMC specs.. they dont change when you select the different models.. if you look here at the same bms sold elswhere, they list the specs for the lithium ion version (notice they dont refer to the lifepo4 as lithium ion) https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...andl_shipto=US

BTW it seems Heltec sells the same products just with their branding. ive had this in my cart for a while as well as the optional rs485 touchscreen interface because I would rather have the active balancing feature built in vs the seperate unit I have now I have to manually turn on and off. I will be getting the 300amp continuous 600amp peak model however. I have this one in my cart..
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...45634633%21rec

EDIT ... **** it I just talked myself into buying the one above lol
Old 12-22-2022, 12:19 PM   #48
DaveTM
Gone Wild

WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!

With my amazing soldering skills (please don't look at the mangled connection plug....that appears to have been melted from some Doof who held the soldering iron to close) I soldered all pins.....fixed the connection plug ....and to my amazement.....it works!!!

Yup!! I can bring up my setup screens, scroll through them, make changes and save them just like the day I installed it.

Hacksaw to a board? Who's afraid!!

I thank all who helped me along the way.....especially Pat911. He kept his cool even when he knew there was only a slim chance of a guy with 8 thumbs doing the work!!

Thanks a bunch!!

PS: Sodering services available....will take payment in hacksaw blades!

Old 12-22-2022, 12:45 PM   #49
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Great job. What display did you get? I am now fooling with a 480x320 display I got from Amazon. I am making a Speedometer / Odometer, Battery voltage display.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:30 PM   #50
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

good to hear..
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO