lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default 36v EZGO Electric PDS F/R issues

Okay so to make a short story long I have 2 2006 PDS Carts and I wanted to put the newer batteries in the better cart. Everything went as planned except now I only have reverse in both positions on F/R switch. I even changed the switch out because I happen to have a new one laying around. I seen several post on this topic but none to do with just changing batteries. I'm 100% sure this is not a controller problem due to the cart was fine before I switched batteries. I will ad I did a light wash prior to this but the cart worked after I washed it. (Until the batteries were changed about 30 mins later)
boonesbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2016, 12:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v EZGO Electric PDS F/R issues

If you changed out the batteries (or did any other electrical work) with the Run/Tow switch in the Run position, you could have taken out the controller.

-----------
Pop the environmental cover off and measure the voltage from B- to J1 Pins 1, 2 & 3 on the controller.

You should have ~36V on Pins 1 & 3 when F/R switch is in F and Pins 1 & 2 when it is in R.

If that is correct, the controller is bad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (129.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 12:38 PM   #3
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

thanks for the quick reply and the diagram. This is what me meter read in Forward 1=3v 3=0v Reverse 1=2V 2= -35V ? I don't understand why is read in negative but it did. I wanted to note that in tow mode the solenoid clicks when the F/R switch is hit. But in run mode it doesn't
Old 08-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

I just switched motor wire black and white on the controller and now I have forward so I guess that sums it up being a controller ? Let me ask a dumb question I have an old medalist in the yard that has a good controller I assume that would never work on pds would it?

Last edited by boonesbuggies; 08-13-2016 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You assume correctly. Grab the XCT400PDS control while it's on sale. $50 off.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:29 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonesbuggies View Post
thanks for the quick reply and the diagram. This is what me meter read in Forward 1=3v 3=0v Reverse 1=2V 2= -35V ? I don't understand why is read in negative but it did. I wanted to note that in tow mode the solenoid clicks when the F/R switch is hit. But in run mode it doesn't
The -35V reading is definitely weird since the DVM's negative test lead should be connected to what should be the most negative point in the entire electrical system. Are you sure the batteries are installed correctly, see attached drawing.

The solenoid clicking while in the Tow mode is also weird. The Run/Tow switch shuts off power to the controller's external switches and solenoid as well as the power to the internal electronics when in the Tow position.

However, the cart changing direction of travel when the F1 & F2 cables are transposed is normal.

If the battery pack is installed correctly, my guess is that the controller is bad.

Installing an Alltrax XCT48400PDS kit will do wonders for it.
If you are running stock height tires (18" tall), it'll up the low end torque by about 33% and up the top speed on level ground to about 24 MPH.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:20 PM   #7
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

so today my new controller came and I installed it and BAM still no reverse. Again I changed my F/R switch with no change. So its not the controller and not the F/R switch. Luckily I needed a new controller on my other cart so its not a big deal on the diagnostic money
Old 08-18-2016, 06:35 PM   #8
bigbad243
Not Yet Wild

You need to look at the wiring diagram. You have something messed up when you changed batteries.
bigbad243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 07:07 PM   #9
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

No batteries are just as they should be
Old 08-18-2016, 07:28 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Out of curiosity can you remove one battery and look at the motor cable where they go around the battery pack frame?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4938web.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO