lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2016, 06:38 AM   #1
CraigB
Not Yet Wild

Default TXT or RXV

Which is better for a hunting set up
CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2016, 07:18 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: TXT or RXV

Well.....I dunno anything about the RXV's....but I do know about the TXT. I have a Series TXT, 48-V with upgrades (see below) and it handles just about anything here in SW Pa..

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The RXV is an AC drive system designed for neighborhood use. Some users say the cart works well off the pavement. Others complain the cart has torque issues that show up when you try to start on a hill. Few upgrades are available for the AC drive system.
The TXT is traditional DC drive. Lots of upgrades available including larger hi torque motors for off road use.

Which ever one you get do not put too big of a tire on it.
Big tires reduce torque across the board!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RXV's are great for neighborhood cruizers, but I would not recommend one for a hunting cart. Supposedly the new 350 amp controllers are designed to restore torque loss when lifting the RXV but as I haven't played with them, I can't give first hand knowledge.

On the flip side, the TXT has numerous upgrades available and does extremely well as a hunting buggy when properly equipped.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #5
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

I have an RXV. I really like it. But If I were to do it over id get a TXT.
vonjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:49 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

My tire size is 22x11x10. Because I use it 99% for hunting I upgraded the rear tires from the "stuff" it came with to a Gator. I left the size the same but the tread design grabs much better is mud, soft dirt, etc. And the cart will take off from a dead stop in the middle of a hill....unless I'm on mud....which is a really bad idea to stop on.....anywhere.

Old 09-10-2016, 07:48 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Also....Important to know that these tires are mounted on offset wheels. If you need to know the offset, lemme know and I will get that info. In addition, I had installed a 1" wheel extender for when I use to run snow chains. With the mild winters we have had.....plus these Gator tires, the chains have been hanging on a nail for several years now.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:43 AM   #8
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You don't say what sort of terrain you plan to use it on, hills, flat land, etc if you are looking for speed cross country or slow creeping to your spot, ...
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 04:19 AM   #9
CraigB
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I live in Kentucky so it's hills, flats, and snow depending of the winter we are having that year. I have been talking to Xcaliber in Nashville Illinois I was wondering if any one knew anything about them.
CraigB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #10
sltintexas
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have a lifted 2010 RXV. I have mine programmed for higher speeds and will hit 26mph. I think I loose some torque due to that reprogramming. I take it offroad almost daily. Mostly cruising through the woods in loose packed dirt, some hard packed dirt. When it rains there is mud but I do not take is in super sloshy mud or standing water. Things like popping curbs i have to have a rolling start for the back wheels to go over. I've had 2 issues where I had to get out and push it due to not enough torque. Once was a ditch where it ended in a deep V. My biggest issue was that my back seat footrest rubbed and caused some drag, the other was actually yesterday where I went over a fallen tree. Front wheels always go over easy, but back wheels always need a little bit of a rolling start. Granted it was a pretty big tree and I was kind of impressed I made it over at all. I have been really surprised at what this cart has been able to do in mud and loose dirt and general off roading. I've gotten it stuck in the mud twice which wouldn't matter which engine I don't think. both times I was able to push it out pretty easily. I've gone up a very steep hill with packed dirt on it loaded with 3 other people. No issues what so ever. It was steep enough I worried about tipping and it went as fast as I wanted it to go. I didn't floor it. Normal paved roads with hills in my neighborhood I can cruise up without slowing down hardly any (maybe get down to 20/22mph from 26mph).

If a txt with upgraded controller and or motor can do more than my RXV, thats pretty impressive for a golf cart. Sounds like a good choice if you want to do mods yourself. I'd love to drive one to compare.
sltintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO