lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #1
Bscheu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Battery questions

Hey guys,

I'm new to the golf cart world and picked up an 07 txt at an equipment auction 2 weeks ago. I've been reading on this forum every night trying to gather information. So far, I've cleaned the batteries and upgraded the cables between the batteries and the 2 main cables to 2 ga.

I borrowed a charger from my neighbor who has the same cart because mine has the 6 flashing red lights. After a 24hr charge, I added distilled water to a few of the cells that were low. I did this by popping off the caps because I was unsure how to use the easy fill system with a gallon jug. I would like to remove this due to some negative feedback I saw in some other posts.

Anyways the real reason for my post is that I'm having power issues. After charging the batteries were all between 6.50 and 6.59v and the whole pack was 39.0v. After running approximately 1.5 miles or so around the neighborhood and sitting for a day they were 6.08-6.18v and 36.7v as a whole.

Tonight after sitting a few days I ran another mile around the block and checked them, they were 6.01-6.05 and one measured 6.12v and the pack was 36.4v.

Seems to run normal speeds on the streets (10-12 mph), but tonight when I pulled in the yard it would barely move on the grass and minimum incline.

Do you think the batteries are bad?
They were still only put on the charger the one time 5 or 6 days ago.

Thanks for any help. Wanting to figure this out before I dive into modifications.
Bscheu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-26-2016, 09:14 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Battery questions

I think they are shot. Forgot to ask, how old are they? Date code is usually stamped on a terminal. B3 = Feb, 2013
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I think they are shot. Forgot to ask, how old are they? Date code is usually stamped on a terminal. B3 = Feb, 2013
2nd....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 09:23 PM   #4
Bscheu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

They all look to say "C9". I assume from your example above that would be March 2009?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7348.jpg (205.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-27-2016, 05:53 AM   #5
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

looks like time for a new pack....
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 06:50 AM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
looks like time for a new pack....
Better get some new cables too, them look like poop....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:07 AM   #7
Bscheu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the feedback.

The picture was taken before I upgraded cables. There was multiple different sizes and many different connections had been installed. Since I only upgraded the cables between the batteries and the 2 main cables, do I need to upgrade the rest of the cables?

Also, since I'm replacing the batteries should I convert to 48v? I'm not looking to necessary fly around the neighborhood, just wondering if it's cost effective since I'm needing new batteries and a new charger anyways.
Old 10-27-2016, 07:34 AM   #8
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscheu View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

The picture was taken before I upgraded cables. There was multiple different sizes and many different connections had been installed. Since I only upgraded the cables between the batteries and the 2 main cables, do I need to upgrade the rest of the cables?

Also, since I'm replacing the batteries should I convert to 48v? I'm not looking to necessary fly around the neighborhood, just wondering if it's cost effective since I'm needing new batteries and a new charger anyways.
Now would be the time if your planning to do it anyway since you need a charger also. You will need a need control and solenoid as well.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:36 AM   #9
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Speed control, sorry, darn auto correct!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:59 AM   #10
bird6246
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

just understand 48 volts doesn't necessarily make your cart faster. It will make your drive time longer. think of the batteries as a fuel tank. more voltage bigger fuel tank.
bird6246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO