lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #21
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go charging

thanks for correcting my misunderstanding kernal...

i dont wish to pass on flawed info...i have come to understand that i am at best a parrot-meaning this forum is my education tool and ALL i know is from all of your input...

thanks again to all who contribute to this site for the betterment of this community of cart owners and enthusiasts!!!
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2017, 11:15 AM   #22
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

No worries Mutant!

Your post just triggered something in my memory about the DPI being upgradeable for voltage only from 42v. But I find as I age that I can't trust my stupid brain so I had to go look it up.

Also that post is a couple years old now. Maybe if JohnnieB sees this he might have some updates. I drug him into this without warning but I think of him as a reliable, thoughtful and knowledgeable reference.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:34 AM   #23
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok all that information is great but, don't want to give up on this charger just yet there is something I'm over looking.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 01:53 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
No worries Mutant!

Your post just triggered something in my memory about the DPI being upgradeable for voltage only from 42v. But I find as I age that I can't trust my stupid brain so I had to go look it up.

Also that post is a couple years old now. Maybe if JohnnieB sees this he might have some updates. I drug him into this without warning but I think of him as a reliable, thoughtful and knowledgeable reference.
I don't remember who and I cannot find the post, but not very long ago somebody said they talked to DPI and they said the 42V and 48V chargers used different transformers. However, when I talked to them in Nov-2012, the person I spoke to said the 42V and 48V used the same transformer and replacing the 42V control board with a 48V control board would change a 42V charger into a 48V charger.

Also, the latest manual (Rev.09 Copyrighted 2014 -- attached pgs 13 & 14) shows a 42V control board, but only 48V transformer.

---------
I've not heard of anyone doing the 42V to 48V upgrade either, but if/when I go to 48V I'm gonna try it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DPI manual Rev-09 Page-13.jpg (285.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DPI manual Rev-09 Page-14.jpg (147.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO