lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 09:45 AM   #11
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2016 ezgo freedom - need more speed!

What Bob was trying to get you to notice is that changing gear ratio
will reduce torque AND braking. Not a good idea.
Reduced brake power can be dangerous.
Also.... 20 mph is fastest LEGAL speed for golf cart in GA.
Faster than that is LSV
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2017, 10:17 AM   #12
BCLII
Not Yet Wild

OK, starting to get your concerns and I respect them whole heartedly. I was trying to make my cart a little faster as I seem to always get passed up by faster carts in our community here in AZ.
BCLII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:38 PM   #13
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
OK, starting to get your concerns and I respect them whole heartedly. I was trying to make my cart a little faster as I seem to always get passed up by faster carts in our community here in AZ.
I can relate. There are ways...

The RXV is an AC drive, so speed is a function of frequency of the 3 phase AC provided to the motor. Current is what determines how much or little slip there is of the rotor in trying to keep up with the rotating field in the stator. There is good torque in the RXV with stock sized tires. As you increase tire diameter, it gives the same effect as lowering your rear end gear ratio. We call it effective final gear ratio. As speed increases, so does the need for braking effectiveness. Braking effectiveness is affected by the effective final gear ratio. So by using lower ratio gears or larger tires, you are increasing speed and reducing your brakes. A bad combination.

How fast is your cart now, and how fast do you want to go? As I mentioned before, there are ways to increase your carts speed without drastically affecting braking performance. A word of warning though. With higher power and speed capabilities, comes greater risk of things going wrong. Here is my thread of what happened to me and my cart when a malfunction occured and my 2012 RXV went wide open throttle into a tree.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...naway-rxv.html

I had that cart programmed for a 25 MPH top end and fairly hard launches. My replacement RXV is using my original 2012 RXV controller, set back to stock. That will not guarantee a malfunction won't occur, but with the stock speed and acceleration curves, it won't hurt so bad if something does go wrong
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 09:53 PM   #14
BCLII
Not Yet Wild

Wow bob, glad you came out of it ok! I think I'll leave my cart alone and just keep my 22 mph curt stock!
BCLII is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO