lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2017, 11:13 PM   #1
Saulisbury
Not Yet Wild

Default More speed and lift

I have a 2003 36 volt ezgo TXT PDS golf cart. Has factor 5 inch drop axle lift and red wire in controller . Can you add a spindle lift kit to the existing factory drop axle lift kit to get more . Just started messing around with golf cart lifts. And what's best way for more speed it's running around 21 mph now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saulisbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2017, 11:41 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: More speed and lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulisbury View Post
I have a 2003 36 volt ezgo TXT PDS golf cart. Has factor 5 inch drop axle lift and red wire in controller . Can you add a spindle lift kit to the existing factory drop axle lift kit to get more . Just started messing around with golf cart lifts. And what's best way for more speed it's running around 21 mph now.
When carts are lifted, it raises the center of gravity, resulting in less stability. You want to raise it more, AND go faster?

Welcome to the addiction!

The simplest way to go faster is to raise your battery pack voltage. Replace all 6 of your 6V batteries with 8V batteries for 48V. Upgrade the solenoid and controller for 48V compatibility. I suggest you go with the highest amp/hr 8V batteries you can afford. More capacity typically = longer range and longer lifespan. Others will pipe in and ask you how fast you want to go, ect.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 06:43 AM   #3
Saulisbury
Not Yet Wild

Yeah , thanks for the advice was hoping someone would have some other ideas so I could use what I have . But guess it looks like 8 inch travel lift ,48 volt batteries ,500 amp controller and a high performance motor from plum quick .

Old 03-10-2017, 07:45 AM   #4
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Adding the spindles to the front would get you an additional 3" of lift, but as stated above, would affect geometry substantially. I'm not sure how you would match the rear to the front. I guess you could have custom blocks and u-bolts fabricated.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The PDS cart will reach 23 mph with stock tires and any Alltrax XCT controller. Taller tires will increase top speed and reduce torque proportionately. A 23" tire is +25% taller so speed would go from 23 to 28.75 on 36v mathematically. There is always some small losses due to under-inflation and wind drag. The stock motor does respond well to adding a 7th 6v battery = +17% torque and speed.
The stock PDS motor does not do well on 48v. It pukes it's guts out after some rather incredible performance. An inexpensive Admiral B2 or D2 motor may be what you are looking for if more power is needed.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:32 AM   #6
Saulisbury
Not Yet Wild

Good info thanks

Old 03-10-2017, 11:08 AM   #7
Saulisbury
Not Yet Wild

If adding a 7th battery what about stock controller and 36 v charger

Old 03-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulisbury View Post
If adding a 7th battery what about stock controller and 36 v charger
A stock PDS controller limits the motor to 4400RPM, so the speed will not increase whether the stock controller can handle 42V or not. To get a speed increase from going to 42V, you need a controller that doesn't limit the max motor RPM, or the RPM limit is user adjustable like it is in the XCT.

The charger has to match the pack voltage, but with some creative wiring you can charge six of the 6V batteries with a 36V charger and charge the seventh battery with a separate 6V charger. However, in addition to using two chargers being a hassle, the batteries won't be charged equally and probably won't live as long before needing replacement, so it is likely to be cheaper in the long run to get the proper voltage charger.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #9
Saulisbury
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for info

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO