lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2017, 10:17 PM   #11
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Speed Magnet Proof

How is the torque pull compared to the stock 3.1HP? I feel like an Alltrax controller would have gotten you as much or more top speed and a ton more torque for a lot less money. I'm getting 25+ on flat ground with my stock motor. 16-18 on the steepest hills but they are 25% grade.

Agree that 30MPH is about 1000RPM over what is considered safe. Besides, it is a pucker factor of 10 going down hill especially without front brakes.
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2017, 10:23 PM   #12
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthawks9 View Post
Where did you buy it?
TahoeDawg71 - Revolution Golf Cars (Site Sponsor)
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:24 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post
How is the torque pull compared to the stock 3.1HP? I feel like an Alltrax controller would have gotten you as much or more top speed and a ton more torque for a lot less money. I'm getting 25+ on flat ground with my stock motor. 16-18 on the steepest hills but they are 25% grade.
And maintained the regen braking....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 10:55 PM   #14
Gregorio
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
And maintained the regen braking....
Gregorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 06:57 PM   #15
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXLuke View Post
Hey BGW fanatics,

I'll keep this short and sweet. 2008 Club Car Precedent, 5HP AMD aftermarket speed motor. I put the 4 pole speed magnet from TahoeDave in my cart. The following photos are:

1. Up small incline in he neighborhood, maybe 8 degrees (blue ridge living������)

2. Flat (as possible) ground.

3. ~20 degree downhill slope.

If you're thinking about getting one, do it. Pull the trigger. My wheels are 10" but tire height same as stock...
I am curious about something. That AMD 3294 5HP speed motor was my first upgrade on my 2006 Precedent. I got those speeds from the stock controller with Speed Code 4 already installed, except for the downhill part, no downhill in Orlando. My 3294 came with a 4 pole magnet. My next upgrade was the Curtis 1268 400A controller. I have a programmer for it and it required me to input a 4 pole magnet. I too, have stock tire height.

What speeds were you getting before changing the magnet on the speed motor? I am not doubting anything you reported, it just seems strange, from my perspective only, that you would need to install a 4 pole speed magnet in it.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:28 PM   #16
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I am curious about something. That AMD 3294 5HP speed motor was my first upgrade on my 2006 Precedent. I got those speeds from the stock controller with Speed Code 4 already installed, except for the downhill part, no downhill in Orlando. My 3294 came with a 4 pole magnet. My next upgrade was the Curtis 1268 400A controller. I have a programmer for it and it required me to input a 4 pole magnet. I too, have stock tire height.

What speeds were you getting before changing the magnet on the speed motor? I am not doubting anything you reported, it just seems strange, from my perspective only, that you would need to install a 4 pole speed magnet in it.
PingEye3
I have the same motor. I have Curtis 350 controller. I have 22 inch tires. My speed on level ground is right at 24-25 mph if I go down a little hill the motor braking kicks in at about 26-27 mph. I have not checked the magnet it has what it came with. I have not checked the controller settings either. Under that speed I can take my foot off the pedal and I don't have regen braking. I don't know if the controller or the magnet is the limit on the speed. Either way I'm fine with it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #17
matthawks9
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
TahoeDawg71 - Revolution Golf Cars (Site Sponsor)
Once you added the magnet, did it just work automatically orange did you have to do anything else to make it work?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
matthawks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #18
matthawks9
Not Yet Wild

Once you added the magnet, did it just work automatically orange did you have to do anything else to make it work?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
matthawks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

It works immediately.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #20
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregorio View Post

Agree that 30MPH is about 1000RPM over what is considered safe. Besides, it is a pucker factor of 10 going down hill especially without front brakes.
I also like the Alltrax solution but, in this case, I got the impression from the original post that the only thing that was bought was the magnet (the AMD motor was already on the cart). So this solution was actually less money than an Alltrax.

Personally, I like the regen and would go with the Alltrax rather than a magnet. It is a moot point in my case anyway because I don't think the PH series (Excel) will take a magnet. Correct me if I am wrong about that.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car