lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Does anyone know anything about z sport?

IMG_2718.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caroche!1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 AM   #2
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Does anyone know anything about z sport?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroche!1 View Post
Attachment 158712

Apparently it's a 200 club car on this body . He's selling it for 2500 it looks like fun . Runs and drives nice from his words .

Old 08-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #3
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Apparently it's a 200 club car on this body . He's selling it for 2500 it looks like fun . Runs and drives nice from his words .

2000* yr

Old 08-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #4
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Year really isn't a issue. What you really want to find out is how old the batteries are. A set of flooded batteries will last 5 years WITH proper maintenance. I can only assume this is an original "setup" and that being a 36-V with the factory controller.?

A new set of batteries can cost from $800 to $1,000 easy. Also, what brad of battery charger is he giving you with it?

You may want to ask him how he maintains his batteries, and what the pack charge is a day after charging and if he measures each individual battery at that same time to determine what each battery is.

Just some thoughts.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 01:47 PM   #5
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Year really isn't a issue. What you really want to find out is how old the batteries are. A set of flooded batteries will last 5 years WITH proper maintenance. I can only assume this is an original "setup" and that being a 36-V with the factory controller.?

A new set of batteries can cost from $800 to $1,000 easy. Also, what brad of battery charger is he giving you with it?

You may want to ask him how he maintains his batteries, and what the pack charge is a day after charging and if he measures each individual battery at that same time to determine what each battery is.

Just some thoughts.

IMG_2720.jpgIMG_2719.jpg

Old 08-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #6
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Attachment 158717Attachment 158716

I just asked he said it's been sitting for most of the last 2 yrs and the batteries loose charge after about 30 min or so

Old 09-01-2017, 05:35 AM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
I just asked he said it's been sitting for most of the last 2 yrs and the batteries loose charge after about 30 min or so
Yeah.....I can believe that. He has a "mish-mash" of different batteries in there. That's a good indication that the old batteries are likely bad. You have a 48-V system so 6 batteries at $125 each (give or take) is $750 plus tax. Your Lester charger may not have a "float" feature in it. That's really bad unless you can plug\unplug at least once a week. Batteries must be well maintained to work long and stay "well" for a long life.

30 minutes of run time is really bad. I would knock off $1,000 from the price for the batteries alone.....plus you may want to look at a new charger that will monitor your batteries.

I don't know if you drove this or not, but I would also listen carefully for stuff like noisy rear end axle, brakes that may be squealing, steering with excessive play. All of that stuff adds additional cost to the cart.

FWIW
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:58 AM   #8
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Yeah.....I can believe that. He has a "mish-mash" of different batteries in there. That's a good indication that the old batteries are likely bad. You have a 48-V system so 6 batteries at $125 each (give or take) is $750 plus tax. Your Lester charger may not have a "float" feature in it. That's really bad unless you can plug\unplug at least once a week. Batteries must be well maintained to work long and stay "well" for a long life.

30 minutes of run time is really bad. I would knock off $1,000 from the price for the batteries alone.....plus you may want to look at a new charger that will monitor your batteries.

I don't know if you drove this or not, but I would also listen carefully for stuff like noisy rear end axle, brakes that may be squealing, steering with excessive play. All of that stuff adds additional cost to the cart.

FWIW

Great advice! Ty

Old 09-01-2017, 06:01 AM   #9
Caroche!1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Also what do you think it's worth in its current condition... assuming nothing other then the batteries need replacement... the body does have some nicks and scratches that will need love. These body kits are expensive though right ?

Old 09-01-2017, 07:06 AM   #10
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

One more point about the batteries that are in it: the 4 on the outside are 8 volt batteries, but the 2 in the middle sure look like 6 volt to me! 48 volt system, but only 44 volts worth of batteries. Even if they were all perfect there would be power & run time issues.
If it does run and drive at all everything else may be fine, but figure in spending $900 or so on a set of batteries and set your offering price accordingly.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car