lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #1
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Txt 36 volt to 48 volt

My local club car dealer say's you can put a 36 volt motor in a 48 volt cart and it will run like a scalded rabbit!

SO....can I put 6- 8 volt batteries in my 36 volt 1998 TXT and increase performance? Can the controller and solenoid handle the increased voltage.? I want to sell this cart...it has 2015 Trojans in it...they all read roughly 6.4 volts but the cart slows way down after driving 1/3 mile and then trying to climb a medium grade hill with two people on board. Could the round device with the shaft moving thru it attached to the accelerator under the floor have anything to do with poor performance ? I know it has a name...just doesn't come to me right now. ( I'm way into the so called golden years that's my excuse )

THANKS !!
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Txt 36 volt to 48 volt

James, yes you can put 6-8v batteries in your cart and increase the performance, HOWEVER, to do that you will also have to put a new 400 or 500 amp controller, 400 amp solenoid, 4 or 2 ga. cables and if your cart is a SERIES cart, a HD F&R switch. I've done it......and yes, compared to a stock cart....it will run like a scalded dog!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
Jamesotn
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

No easy fix....understood....sometimes you eat the bear...sometimes it eats you !!
Due to this being a non-keeper...can't put that much money into it...my bad . Thanks guys...no point going further on this one !
Jamesotn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 08:40 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

And, yes, most all 36v Series motors do well on 48v. And get you a 33% increase in torque & speed, all other things remaining the same. Since the controller usually has to be upgraded in this process, you usually get a much larger increase in torque, and a 33% speed boost.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:17 AM   #5
Classic Carts
Not Yet Wild

Based on this string and CGTech's answer I have an interesting thought and hypothetical question...

If I had a 2000 Club Car DS 48v 'Parts' cart and a 1982 Yamaha G1 36v cart that is running, could I steal the required controller parts etc. from the DS and use them on the G1 to make it go faster?

Thanks guys!
Classic Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Carts View Post
Based on this string and CGTech's answer I have an interesting thought and hypothetical question...

If I had a 2000 Club Car DS 48v 'Parts' cart and a 1982 Yamaha G1 36v cart that is running, could I steal the required controller parts etc. from the DS and use them on the G1 to make it go faster?

Thanks guys!
Neither CC or Yamaha build the controllers they install in their carts, so it might be possible as long as they are the same type drive. (Series or Sepex)

The throttle will be an issue. It appears that CC and Yamaha use different throttle types.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

CC uses 5k-0 ohm, or 0-5k ohm throttle (identified by controller model number). The throttle could be done easily on a Yamaha G2. Just use the yamahas wiper board with low current resistors that total 5k ohm on the Yamaha wiper board. Study up on the club car "V-glide" for idess how to implement it on a Yamaha, might already have a V-glide on your club car "victim" to Rob for it's resistors for the Yamaha.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
Classic Carts
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the ideas and comments guys!
Classic Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO