lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #11
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Golf cart extension to 6 seater - Pros and Cons

Yes. That’s the situation. From now it’s BGW advice before purchasing it. I’m sure it’ll be fine once it’s welded up. I might add some more steel to strengthen the frame too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #12
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
Yes. That’s the situation. From now it’s BGW advice before purchasing it. I’m sure it’ll be fine once it’s welded up. I might add some more steel to strengthen the frame too.

Yeah I would think if you welded it all up it should be good. You have any pics of how it bolts up?
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:26 PM   #13
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
Yeah I would think if you welded it all up it should be good. You have any pics of how it bolts up?
i dont understand why you guys think the weld makes such a differnce here. a weld will help the pieces bond togther but that has nothing to do with strength. how could a weld help a sagging cart? it needs over lapping metal to take the pressure off the cut points. the nivel kit uses like 3/8 thick aluminum plate and overlapps it over the frame like 12 inches. then uses 1/2 grade 8 bolts to bondo the plate and the original frame. we had 6 fat ***** on it and it didnt bend an inch. has nothing to do with welding or not its about the structure. the M&M kit i saw had no overlapping metal at the stretch points, they basically just butted up together. welding that instead of bolting it will do almost nothing
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:43 PM   #14
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomGolfCartGuy View Post
i dont understand why you guys think the weld makes such a differnce here. a weld will help the pieces bond togther but that has nothing to do with strength. how could a weld help a sagging cart? it needs over lapping metal to take the pressure off the cut points. the nivel kit uses like 3/8 thick aluminum plate and overlapps it over the frame like 12 inches. then uses 1/2 grade 8 bolts to bondo the plate and the original frame. we had 6 fat ***** on it and it didnt bend an inch. has nothing to do with welding or not its about the structure. the M&M kit i saw had no overlapping metal at the stretch points, they basically just butted up together. welding that instead of bolting it will do almost nothing
He had mentioned adding overlapping metal for strength a couple of posts back so I figured he knew that already. Yeah welding the butt joints wouldn't work obviously.....
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Not a butt joint. It already is overlapping.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #16
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Not a butt joint. It already is overlapping.

umm isnt there is a 6 inch gap between the floor and the stretch kit?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:46 PM   #17
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well long story short- stay away from the M&M kit. It’s poorly designed and this is bound to happen. I just had a welder of 25 years look at it and he said it was a very poor design.

I’ll now have to fabricate some new brackets and plates to support the cart. What a pain.

Old 10-31-2017, 04:46 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Ezgo makes a nice rxv stretch kit.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 08:17 PM   #19
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Well long story short- stay away from the M&M kit. It’s poorly designed and this is bound to happen. I just had a welder of 25 years look at it and he said it was a very poor design.

I’ll now have to fabricate some new brackets and plates to support the cart. What a pain.

Yea that sucks. You should be able to save it with some 2 inch square tubing though. Stuff like this pisses me off because they should stand behind it and fix the problem before somebody gets hurt.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:25 PM   #20
09MPT1200guy
Getting Wild
Cushman

I don't like the lost front leg room on the factory extended carts. I'm 6'5" tall and feel cramped. I'm not sure if the kits address this or not. I also don't care for the change in turning radius.
09MPT1200guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO