lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #1
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2013 RXV Charger plug wiring - order of wires

Greetings all. 2013 RXV 48V DC/AC

Background - Original batteries. All charger and battery wiring getting hot during charging and running. Suspected low voltage due to dirty/corroded connections, small wire, failing battery, or partial electrical fault. After cleaning and resistance-checking the battery wiring, I decided to take apart the charger plug, remove the pins from the plastic mount, check, clean, repair, and re-mount.

My bad - I forgot to photograph the plug interior before disassembly. I now think I have incorrectly reassembled my charger plug. Cart dead (below minimum voltage sensing threshold (double-red-flash on LED).

PowerwiseQE Delta Q - three plug wires - Black, White, Green. Plug is a three-cell triangle. Green in center location.

1. Is the black wire inside the charger plug positive?

2. With the cover off the plug, holding the plug vertical with the cable hanging straight down, looking at the wires, is the black wire supposed to be on the right or the left?
Descart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2017, 11:11 AM   #2
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2013 RXV Charger plug wiring - order of wires

If your getting the 2 flashing lights, your going to have to charge the batteries separately to get the batteries back up to the voltage the charger will pickup on. I’m not sure if the way the wires go back in, but the wires in the back of the plug on the cart should be colored the same I believe
Scoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 11:56 AM   #3
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

On the receptacle, the wires are red and black. On the plug, they are black and white. Being an old-guy electrician, I am expecting black and red to be hot. I have the charger apart, and the board is not marked, there's just a sticker showing black white green.

Does anyone know how to activate the charger without plugging it into the receptacle? That would give me the + - wires....
Old 11-01-2017, 12:48 PM   #4
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

The only one I found is the txt, it’s saying the white is +
I will pull mine apart when I get home, but that’s a few hrs away
Old 11-01-2017, 02:03 PM   #5
Descart
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you. Will be glad to get confirmation.

I am seeing the same white positive around the net, but nothing for this particular charger. I think I have mine right - but I don't want to cook anything.

Quote:
If your getting the 2 flashing lights, your going to have to charge the batteries separately to get the batteries back up to the voltage the charger will pickup on.
I have about 12V per battery and about 49 for the pack. I thought the minimum was 36V for the pack.
Old 11-01-2017, 02:53 PM   #6
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

You have plenty for the charger to take charge of. I will get back to you in about an hr when I get hime
Old 11-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #7
Scoots
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

White is your positive wire from the charger
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO