lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-22-2018, 07:42 AM   #1
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Question 09 ezgo txt wobble when driving

So I get a wobble once getting to about 10 mph plus. not real bad but its a wobble. I had it in the shop getting new batteries and had them check. they didn't see anything. well the new tires and rims felt ok for the first drive but now have the same wobble feeling. cant tell if its the front or back but anyone have ant ideas what to try?

thanks
Fellpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-22-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 09 ezgo txt wobble when driving

Many things it "could" be: out of round tire, a tire that didn't fully "seat" on the bead of the wheel, out of alignment, bent hub, lose hub (particularly on the rear), wheel not tightened down evenly...
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

sounds goofy.....but check all the lug nuts......I have had some come lose before and acted like that.....

if that's not it.....try moving pairs of tires (like the left ones front to back) to determine which one is wobbling.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:32 AM   #4
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
sounds goofy.....but check all the lug nuts......I have had some come lose before and acted like that.....

if that's not it.....try moving pairs of tires (like the left ones front to back) to determine which one is wobbling.
I tried 2 differnet set of original tires and rims then just bought 12' rims and low pro tires seemed ok at first but now same as other 2 sets
Old 04-22-2018, 08:34 AM   #5
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Many things it "could" be: out of round tire, a tire that didn't fully "seat" on the bead of the wheel, out of alignment, bent hub, lose hub (particularly on the rear), wheel not tightened down evenly...
I will check the hubs. I even askes the ahop to check but they didnt see anything but we only feel it at 10 plus mph
Old 04-22-2018, 08:42 AM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The TXT's have a history of working the rear hub (brake drum) loose on the axle shaft splines - often to the point of outright stripping the teeth out of the drum/hub. Make sure the nuts on those are good and tight.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 05:13 PM   #7
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Didn't realize that the ezgo carts was like a car and one side spins and not the other. Also it seems to drag more and isnt as freely spinning as the passengers side. it seems like something might be loose with the brakes too, when I took it apart because only the bottom left side of 1 pad seem to be worn and the other wasn't when you press the brake it moves that tire also is aside the has a wobble when it does been for the 1st couple of seconds
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO