lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Pro Fit Voltage reducer wiring help needed

Happy New Year everyone...

I'm looking to wire my voltage reducer and was wondering if anyone could help get my voltage reducer connected properly.

I have a '12 CC Precedent and a Pro-Fit 12v reducer.

I want the key to fire up the fuse block that all my accessories are plugged into.

Wondering, can it be as easy as sending the blue (high voltage positive wire) that should go to the battery + terminal to the key switch (blue wire that goes hot when key turned on) with the red connected to the fuse block panel or will that lead to damage down the road? If I'm using the key switch power from the cart, does the converter still need to be connected to the battery?

Diagram states:

Input Wires:
Blue - Battery Positive
Yellow/Black stripe - Battery Negative
White - Ignition Key - If tied to battery positive, converter output will energize (on), if left floating or tied to battery negative, converter output will de-energize (off).

Output wires:
Red - +13Vdc Continuous output load positive
Black - Negative load return
Orange - +13Vdc switched output load positive

The way I read that is:
Yellow/Black to Battery Pack Negative
Blue to Battery Pack Positive
White to Key switch (dark blue for my cart) so when switch is on, all accessories are on
Red (not used with white wire to key switch??)
Black to fuse block panel negative post
Orange to fuse block positive post

Where I'm getting confused is can't I just take the blue wire and connect that straight to the blue key switch wire and use the black neg and red pos to the fuse block panel?

Not sure if this is easy to read...and thanks for any info anyone can provide.
hammrhed71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Pro Fit Voltage reducer wiring help needed

The Blue wire needs to go to the pack positive battery post, not the key switch.

The Yellow/Black stripe needs to go to the yellow female bullet connector available in the battery compartment (it comes from Controller B-).

The RED wire always has +12v available regardless of key switch position and it is intended for accessories that need to be "always ON" such as a Radio that needs power for presets or an alarm system.

The Orange wire will only have +12v when the key switch is ON and it should be wired to your fuse panel so all accessories turn OFF when the key switch is OFF.

You can also tap into the key switch power for the white wire on the light blue wire on the solenoid small post.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 12:37 PM   #3
hammrhed71
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Pro Fit Voltage reducer wiring help needed

Appreciate it Sergio...
hammrhed71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car