lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
Cdesorm
Not Yet Wild

Default Cannot get club car speed over 10mph

Hello,
I recently changed out the controller and motor on a 2011 48V Club Car. The controller I'm using is XCT 500 amp by Alltrax. Everything seems to run fine except I cannot get more than 10mph out of the cart. I thought it may have been batteries so replaced batteries and I have the same issue. I've rechecked wires etc and connected the controller to the PC to monitor. The only odd thing I see is that the motor voltage is running at 22-28 volts but my battery voltage is estimated at 52 volts. Any ideas on what could be causing the speed issue?
Cdesorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2020, 04:07 PM   #2
Dragracer_Art
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Cannot get club car speed over 10mph

I'll let the experts chime in... but my first thought is maybe the field wires are backwards ?
In other words its running the motor the correct direction but thinks its running in reverse @ 50%.

Just a wild guess... but possible.

Maybe try changing the speed settings for reverse... from 50% to 100%.
If that fixes your problem, then you know thats the issue.

I just installed the XCT48500 on my cart a few days ago and it's a beast. I may even slow it down a bit. lol
Dragracer_Art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:38 PM   #3
Cdesorm
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try that but no such luck. I am noticing now that if I pressed the pedal all the way to the floorboard, the controller blinks red 7 times. I've disconnected the speed sensor as well to see if that was the issue. When I plugged it back up, it sounds as if it is speeding up but then something slows it down. (Golf cart on blocks at this point..) Nearly everything on this cart is brand new (motor, controller, MCOR, batteries, wires)....
Cdesorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 08:20 PM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesorm View Post
Hello,
I recently changed out the controller and motor on a 2011 48V Club Car. The controller I'm using is XCT 500 amp by Alltrax. Everything seems to run fine except I cannot get more than 10mph out of the cart. I thought it may have been batteries so replaced batteries and I have the same issue. I've rechecked wires etc and connected the controller to the PC to monitor. The only odd thing I see is that the motor voltage is running at 22-28 volts but my battery voltage is estimated at 52 volts. Any ideas on what could be causing the speed issue?
In the Tool Kit check the Pole configuration. It sounds like you have a 4-pole motor and your controller is set to an 8-pole. If that is not it, check the throttle and verify you are getting 100%

And make sure you have the correct Field Map installed for your specific motor. That is paramount to get the best performance.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car