lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2020, 10:49 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: SW200 solenoid

The SW200 is enclosed
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #12
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Are these the solenoids that have exposed contact? A "Old School" mechanic told me to always wrap electric tape around the solenoid, which prevents trash from effecting the contacts....Is this a good practice or just a "Urban Legend"?
Yes they are exposed by default. The closed contact housing is an optional extra.

https://www.albrightinternational.com/products/sw200/

https://www.albrightinternational.co...-Catalogue.pdf

Here I covered mine with double sided 3M outdoor tape. This keeps spiders and contamination out of the contacts.

Another benefit is that the tape quiets the action down but can still be heard if you listen closely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0178.jpg (160.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg open.jpg (108.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-11-2020, 03:18 PM   #13
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

thanks guys for the input....always praying that i am able to learn something new every day.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #14
Livnpaintball
Not Yet Wild

I mounted it upside down, but now I’m having a hard time finding a Alternate to the MR754 diode that goes on the coil. Living in Dallas you think I could find it locally but from what I have seen it is considered obsolete..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A8C00E51-9F3E-47E1-85BD-6FCB3E7314AA.jpg (117.6 KB, 0 views)
Livnpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:43 PM   #15
1sharphook

n/a
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car