lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2020, 06:17 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Need help understanding IQ cart difference, controller etc.

Those Curtis controllers use 5/16" ring connector.

Make sure you put that new ring connector on top of the pack negative cable lug.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-30-2020, 09:45 PM   #12
broham
Not Yet Wild

broham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:39 PM   #13
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by broham View Post
awesome, and idea on the ring terminal size? 5/16 maybe?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
Either 5/16” or 3/8” I believe
They are 5/16" on the motor, controller and solenoids, unless you buy a HD aftermarket solenoid, then they are usually 3/8".
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 10:46 PM   #14
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
They are 5/16" on the motor, controller and solenoids, unless you buy a HD aftermarket solenoid, then they are usually 3/8".
Gotcha
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 04:04 PM   #15
broham
Not Yet Wild

Bringing this back from the dead here! Golf cart project has been on the backburner for years now. Before I start modifying the harness, I talked to plum quick about the setup. Of course they advised me that it wouldn't work plug and play...and be stuck in limp mode...which we've already discussed. As far as the motors go, ours is a 48 volt GE. Is it possible to put on an AMD motor for more plug and play operation? Or will the splicing do roughly the same? What's the differences between the GE and AMD motors? Lastly should I just keep the stock 250 iq controller and have the GE motor rebuilt and run that? Meaning is the 350 worth it?
Old 03-16-2023, 06:43 AM   #16
Beerman24
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Need help understanding IQ cart difference, controller etc.

Just another easy option is keep it all stock, pop the magnet off the speed sensor and replace with a speed magnet, and run the cart, will prob get you close to 20mph if tires are bigger. That’s your cheapest easiest route. Not sure how much torque increase it gets you though, but probably some.

What’s wrong with the GE motor? You can change out brushes etc.
Beerman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 09:11 AM   #17
broham
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerman24 View Post
Just another easy option is keep it all stock, pop the magnet off the speed sensor and replace with a speed magnet, and run the cart, will prob get you close to 20mph if tires are bigger. That’s your cheapest easiest route. Not sure how much torque increase it gets you though, but probably some.

What’s wrong with the GE motor? You can change out brushes etc.
Just curious to the differences between the two. My understanding is the AMD motor is more robust, less prone to overheating and more power output? Nothing really wrong with my current setup, just was looking for a little more tq initially. We live in a cart community and we drive it all over, hills etc. It gets enough use that I was looking for a good robust build.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:13 PM   #18
broham
Not Yet Wild

Finally got around to getting all this hooked up. Getting that stock GE motor off was no easy task. Nevertheless, all hooked up and working well....as far as I can tell. Some observations...
1. New controller/motor seem to be unlimited on speed, it does 20-25...almost 30 with a slight downgrade...quickly and easily.

2. Cart now does three beeps once its plugged in.

3. If going downhill or maybe even level, If I lay off the accelerator with no brake, within a few seconds it will begin to motor brake...slowly then more aggressively until I press a pedal or come to a stop.

Are these changes from the motor or controller? Looking for any thoughts/input on these changes. Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car