lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-12-2020, 09:49 PM   #1
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Default Help With Identification

Have a friend that got this cart in trade for labor on HVAC install and Wants My Help to get it going.
I think it's an earlier ezgo but I'm not 100% sure and I can't find tag or marking anywhere on cart
Can anyone verify if this is indeed an ezgo and if so what model may be? Thanks for any information
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1009201416.jpg (333.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1009201417.jpg (399.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1009201415.jpg (247.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1009201416a.jpg (318.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1009201417b.jpg (293.0 KB, 0 views)
MARINE6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-12-2020, 10:51 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help With Identification

That doesn't look like EZGO to me. Maybe Star? Star is a Chinese knockoff of EZGO.

It's missing the motor, several high current cables and everything else in it electronically is going to be questionable as we don't know why it was mothballed. I'd take a little extra time looking at the front end lift as it seems a little wonky... Make sure the welds are good, possibly ease some of the angles so the rack and pinion isn't trying to push the wheels where they need to go while at such odd angles..

I'd make sure the rest of it is good enough before you start anything. Is the rear diff good? Brakes? Wheel bearings? Frame? Steering components?

If it were me I'd look at adding a pillow block bearing and sprocket to the input shaft on the rear diff then getting either a small/midsize motorcycle engine and trans to attach to it or getting a Harbor Freight 212cc or 390cc motor and torque converter and attach. Do not use a centrifugal clutch, you'll get horrid performance and a very short life from the clutch. I did the 212 conversion on a mid-80's EZGO. It actually performed far better than I thought and far better than most people said it would. Topped out at 22 (maybe 23) mph and accelerated well. But I started with an uglier but more complete cart. If you convert to gas you will need to support that input shaft as the electric motor was originally intended to support the far end of the shaft. Or you can look for a rear diff from a gas cart that has F-N-R built into it.

Good Luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 02:45 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Definitely a chinese knock-off, doesnt look like star. Also, you have a 48v battery pack & a 36v charger, as you might imagine that's a problem. I'd inspect the lower end of the controller to see if its compatible with 48v.

Controller looks like a series version. & axle looks like it would take a club car series motor.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:27 AM   #4
MARINE6072
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for The information I'll pass the word to My buddy
I've tinkered with converting Electric to gas and just couldn't get it right I agree would be interesting if I thought I could get it done for My Friend I would but not going to attempt it. I'll suggest He disclose the information in an attempt to pass it on to someone interested in taking on project
MARINE6072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO