lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-09-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
jljerome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Camber Issue?

Have a 2017 RXV that just looks off to me from the front. The passenger side tire seems to have some negative camber, while the drivers side appears flat. I've had the front arm bushings replaced and didn't really do much. Just was wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue and what you did to resolve it. Any advice would be much appreciated! There is a picture attached for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201025_154320.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
jljerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-09-2020, 02:22 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Camber Issue?

The toe in/out setting can have a lot to do with the camber, especially if rolling the cart on concrete. I recommend setting the toe in about 1/8" total, or 1/16" on each side. Do you know your toe setting?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 04:06 PM   #3
jljerome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No, I don't.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:02 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

One test you can do on pavement is this:

1. Roll the cart forward 15 to 20 feet. Now look at the camber. Note any changes.
2. Roll the cart backwards the same. Note changes.

Do this and post your results. This will help determine if the toe is off.
Old 12-09-2020, 07:13 PM   #5
jljerome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info. Will post my results tomorrow!
Old 12-10-2020, 09:29 AM   #6
jljerome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I can confirm no change to the appearance after performing the steps you've laid out.
Old 12-10-2020, 07:41 PM   #7
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Too be clear did you adjust toe per manual as suggested by slonomo.
Also those tires appear to be new. We’re they recently changed?
Stock tire size or larger?
Rim diameter changed?
What has been changed if anything on carts suspension from stock. Larger wheels, lift kits ect. All can change camber along with toe in settings.

Example, watch front tire camber as you slowly raise,jack up front of cart. Notice how tires will lean out at the top the higher front end gets raised off the ground.
Same effect can happen if lifting a cart or adding larger diameter wheels/tires if not matching “all” suspension components at same time
Let us know what has been changed from stock 😊
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:51 PM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Single a arm front suspensions are tough to get "just right" in regard to the camber, especially with a lift kit. It's just a design flaw in that type of suspension. I fought my G1 for a year before I switched the suspension out to a true double a arm suspension system, which solves the design flaw.

One thing you could check is your front shocks/springs. If worn out, the springs could sag too much, causing the camber issue you're having.

Check this:
1. Jack the front of the cart up off the ground, be sure to use the jack on the frame and not suspension components.
2. Make sure the front suspension is "free hanging"
3. Measure the top of the front tires to the bottom of the fender.
4. Set the cart back on the ground. Measure the same points.
5. Subtract the two. This is your "sag" measurement.
6. Now put 300 lbs of weight in the cart. Measure the same point. This is your "loaded sag" measurement.

If your current factory shocks have 4" of travel, your sag should be roughly 1" at the shock, or 25%. So use your "sag measurements" against the base line "free hanging" measurement and see if the sag is more than 25%. If it's more, you might think about replacing the shocks/springs.

The other issue often found on this type of suspension is the leverage of the high offset wheels/wheel spacers. The high offsets can increase the leverage % and cause more suspension sag. It's the same idea as having a longer handle on a ratchet. The longer the handle, the easier it is to turn the ratchet. More leverage. The longer the offset, the easier it is to compress the suspension with no change in weight/effort. In this case, stronger springs would be needed.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:51 PM   #9
jljerome
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info gentlemen. Only the tires/rims, which are 20x10x12, have been changed (minus new front arm bushings) . No lift, etc. I haven't yet had the chance to do the measurements for the toe settings, hopefully will get to that over the weekend. It may just be something I'll never get perfect. I've seen a few other RXVs with the same / | type of look.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO