lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Wrong shock for the cart?

On the front of the cart the shock will not attach unless I put it on upside down.

Here is a picture of it put in place upside down.

This rounded piece, what I will call a coupler that is welded to the eyelet of the shock hits at the top on the shouck mount plate preventing it from being able to line up with the mount hole.

Did the company send me the wrong shock? Can i get one of these at an auto parts store to save time?
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #2
Newest Obsession
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wrong shock for the cart?

Thats actually not upside down.. Shocks work either way. Most older cars/trucks with that style shock they are mounted that way.
Newest Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

What did instructions say about shock mountings or didnt you get any with lift kit? I would go by what after market supplier literature tells you? I would double check supplier to confirm that you have correct shocks or installation instructions? Its no big deal as shocks will work either way but once the seals start to leak you will loose fluid fast in the position you put them in now, while upright this it would take a long time to leak enough to make a difference?. This should be down the road a ways but just a thought?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
What did instructions say about shock mountings or didnt you get any with lift kit? Instructions, you mean there are instructions? Ha, the instructions for the lift kit are TERRIBLE!I would go by what after market supplier literature tells you? Not sure what you are referring to hereI would double check supplier to confirm that you have correct shocks or installation instructions? There were no instructions that came with the shocks and when I called the supplier they had to send me to the TECH guys VM who was SUPPOSED to call me back, but never did. Another thing that threw a red flag was the shocks that were labeled front and rear were actually backwards as well, but the salesman told me what is a rear on one cart could be a shock for the front on a different make of cart. They are a site sponsor, but I don't believe in trashing a companies name via the web.Its no big deal as shocks will work either way but once the seals start to leak you will loose fluid fast in the position you put them in now, while upright this it would take a long time to leak enough to make a difference?. This should be down the road a ways but just a thought?Thanks for the info, they are cheap enough I guess so I will roll with them this way and see what happens.
Thanks for the response.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #5
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Thats an after market shock and it does hit when you try to install it in the correct position. If you want to install it in the right direction, just grind off the corner of the shock tower that hits. Or, you couild just leave them upside down and get the benifits of less un sprung weight.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have sent you a PERSONAL MESSAGE.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car