lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #11
simple man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sams Club Stanley Charger

Is this the model you are asking about? http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...Id=prod1841149
I read the reviews and the description of the product. Most of the reviews are less than 3 months old and the description states " up to 20 amps ".
In my layman's opinion, I don't feel it would work well for you. It may be fine for someone who may use their cart on a weekend and are able to let it charge all week, but for most of us that use our carts daily, you need a 25 amp ( at the least ) charger. I'm not familiar with the high frequency charging, however, I do know you have to have the " equalization charge " to gas the electrolyte to mix it up. Just my 2¢.
simple man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is a link to this subject from the ezgo section from last July.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...y-charger.html

FWIW my local Sam's carried them until sell out and never got them back again.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:56 PM   #13
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simple man View Post
Is this the model you are asking about? http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/pr...Id=prod1841149
I read the reviews and the description of the product. Most of the reviews are less than 3 months old and the description states " up to 20 amps ".
In my layman's opinion, I don't feel it would work well for you. It may be fine for someone who may use their cart on a weekend and are able to let it charge all week, but for most of us that use our carts daily, you need a 25 amp ( at the least ) charger. I'm not familiar with the high frequency charging, however, I do know you have to have the " equalization charge " to gas the electrolyte to mix it up. Just my 2¢.
Yep, that's the one I was talking about.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #14
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

If you have a good working charger that came with your cart, I'd keep my money. But that is just me and my opinion and everyone knows what opinions amount to. If my CC charger ever fails to the point I can't fix it, I'll buy another one.
The charger you are looking at may work fine but I'm one who would not chance it until it was proven.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:37 AM   #15
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

So I take it that nobody that has responded has tried this charger. I do have somewhat the same opinions as you guys stated, but thought it would be prudent to check out and see if anyone has tried it.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM   #16
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
So I take it that nobody that has responded has tried this charger. I do have somewhat the same opinions as you guys stated, but thought it would be prudent to check out and see if anyone has tried it.
It seems no one here has purchased and tried this charger . . . popular opinion appears to be to stick with a CC type charger . . . bottom line - it's your money . . . if you decide to purchase it, let us know how it works . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Several have tried it and posted on the ezgo section. I would say the results were mixed at best. The machine worked as advertised including charging 48v at 10amps. This is a little low depending on your philosophy but sufficient to charge a cart in a reasonable time. There are, however serious questions about it's longevity.

I'm in the stick with the tried and true camp.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #18
rib33024

Andy tryed one of these, but it was on an EZGO, he said it worked fine

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...i-charger.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshawk84 View Post
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car