lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller question

Let us know what he finds that solenoid should be fine with the 400a control.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2012, 12:17 AM   #12
SCTurkeyHunter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the cart back today and we finally figured out that it was actually the charger. It wasnt giving the batteries a full charge. So he repaired the charger and I have it on a full 12hr. charge so in the morning we will see if that finally fixed it. Since I have been probably charged it like this several times and it hasn't had a full charge in a while, would you guys suggest anything to help the batteries recover from this abuse?
SCTurkeyHunter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Do a very slight discharge and recharge... repeat that several times... Get an in dash meter so you can watch the Battery pack state of charge
Old 09-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
SCTurkeyHunter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well BAD news,,,,,,,,,,took it for a ride this morning and when I went to back up this hill it went into limp mode to the point it wouldn't even move..... I put it on a 12hour charge and it lasted about 40minutes...... just about ready to take the gas can to this cart,,,,, I have invested way to much money in it.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #15
SCTurkeyHunter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, now i'm lost.......... After this morning I put the cart on an 8 hour charge and drove it for over two hours with no problem........... Someone please let me know whats going on.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We haven't a clue..... you haven't given us one piece of technical information to chew on!? Not so much as a single voltage reading... Anyway if we are just guessing based on stories, I would guess you have a loose wire connection some where in the charging system.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #17
SCTurkeyHunter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Question, just so that I know i'm doing it correctly. To check the battery pack I need to hook the multimeter to the same terminals as the wires from the charger connector and if so, what other readings would be helpful?
Old 09-23-2012, 03:34 AM   #18
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCTurkeyHunter1 View Post
1. To check the battery pack I need to hook the multimeter to the same terminals as the wires from the charger connector and if so,
2. what other readings would be helpful?
1. Yes. (A fully charged 36V battery pack will read 38.2V after the batteries have rested about 12 hours from when the charger shut off automatically.)

2a. What is the reading on the charger's ammeter when it first comes on?
2b. What are the Amps after charger has been on for an hour?
2c. What is the battery pack voltage shortly before charger shuts off? (Charger should not be shutting off before the 44V to 46V range.)
2d. What is the battery pack voltage when the cart is in limp mode?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:18 AM   #19
SCTurkeyHunter1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

[quote=JohnnieB;779727]1. Yes. (A fully charged 36V battery pack will read 38.2V after the batteries have rested about 12 hours from when the charger shut off automatically.)

2a. What is the reading on the charger's ammeter when it first comes on?It is not working on the charger
2b. What are the Amps after charger has been on for an hour?Do I check them like the battery pack while the charger is running?
2c. What is the battery pack voltage shortly before charger shuts off? (Charger should not be shutting off before the 44V to 46V range.)It doesn't it is the kind like an oven timer
2d. What is the battery pack voltage when the cart is in limp mode?I will check next time it happens, so far it hasn't happened again
Old 09-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

[quote=SCTurkeyHunter1;779772]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
2a. What is the reading on the charger's ammeter when it first comes on?It is not working on the charger
2b. What are the Amps after charger has been on for an hour?Do I check them like the battery pack while the charger is running?
2c. What is the battery pack voltage shortly before charger shuts off? (Charger should not be shutting off before the 44V to 46V range.)It doesn't it is the kind like an oven timer
2a. If the Ammeter on the charge isn't reading 15A to 20A when it first comes on, it very likely that the charger isn't working right. Of course, not all chargers have Ammeters.
2b. How many Amps on the charger's Ammeter.
2c. What is the on-charge battery pack voltage after they have been on charge for about 4 hours.

Sounds like you've got a manual charger. Is it one of the ones pictured below.
IF not, can you post a picture of faceplate?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Manual Charger - Black Face.JPG (42.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Total Charge Green Face.jpg (56.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Face-plate 0620121048-00.jpg (68.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO