lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #11
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor roaring questions after swap

Aight. I have the old motor but i dont have the 09 shaft. How can i get the coupling off the old motor and put it on the new motor. Or is there a easy way? I have heat
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Scottyb?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Brad will you please post the old motors P/N and the new motors P/N? Not sure if there is a coupling that can be removed for swap or not. That was the reason for my original questioning. I didn't explain why I wanted the numbers off each motor. Sorry about that.

I do not know if the splines are different for a PDS or Series. From my limited knowledge, the differentials are the same. I could be totally wrong about the differentials being the same but it's part of my troubleshooting thought. If there is a coupling P/N difference between PDS and Series, that could be a cause. And if there IS a difference between the two BUT yours is worn enough to fit the other. That is what I'm getting at.

Troubleshooting is about divide and conquer. Find what is known, try to get the system split into sections to get a yes or no and rule out the rest.

Don't worry friend, we will figure it out. Heck it could be as simple as one motor weighing more or less than the other and causing new rubbing on input shaft bearings? We don't know and that is why we troubleshoot. Ya don't wanna go spending a lot of money changing stuff if it's not needed.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #14
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I understand your troubleshooting. Ill have to get te numbers when i get back in town sunday. Was hoping i could get some info so i could work on it when i got back.

The splines should be the same like your thinking but that dont mean they are. It went on too good i think for them to be off too bad but i could be wrong
Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #15
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ttt anyone come up with anything?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #16
brad2388
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Just a update. I got the rear motor bearing changed and it completly fixed the problem. Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #17
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Right on Brad. Great to hear an issue get solved.

Happy Carting.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO