lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default In case the cart people can't come soon.....

As I mentioned in another post, I'm having a F/R switch problem. I think its a burned cable. Works great sometimes, but not others. Got stuck out in the field this morning, but fortunately, it eventually started up, after I played with that broken cable.
I'm calling the Golf cart company to come pick it up ASAP, but if they can't for awhile, I'm thinking of replacing that one bad cable. Question: (and just remember I do not know much about this kind of thing). Are all those cables the same, that go from the F/R switch mechanism to where-ever they go? And where DO they go? Do you think I could change it easily myself?
My cart needs a bunch of things done to it, so even if I do fix this particular problem, there are other things that need work. But it would be great to be able to use it until they pick it up.

And if the end of that one bad cable did burn..........it could be a problem that would burn another cable, right?

Also, would an auto supply place have these kinds of cables??
Thanks!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: In case the cart people can't come soon.....

If you can turn a wrench then you can change it yourself, you will just need to get the wiring diagram from the stickies and label what you remove, at this point you will hopefully find what the problem is.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks LostHusker. I wasn't sure if I could get to the motor area......which where I think it connects.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #4
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstreak View Post
Thanks LostHusker. I wasn't sure if I could get to the motor area......which where I think it connects.

If you do any work on the motor, make sure you use two wrenches, do not let the stud in the motor turn or you will be taking the motor out and getting it fixed disconnect the main POS and NEG on the battery pack, and tape them up so they can't short out, before you change any of the cables

rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for that tip rib.
I have a back seat that folds down into a shelf. Will I need to take that off to access the motor?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO