lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Converting gas to electric; Need some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
It sounds like the electric diff you got is about the same era as the cart. You may want to make a 12v test on the motor to see if it works. A replacement motor for that age differential is about $700.
Secure the differential (remove wheels).
Apply 12v per diagram, motor should turn.
12v will do. 36v and you may not be able to hold her down, somebody could get hurt.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-31-2012, 06:14 PM   #12
mtpolarbear
Polar Bear wild to you...

E-Z-GO

Quote:
12v will do. 36v and you may not be able to hold her down, somebody could get hurt.
Never thought of that. Thanks
mtpolarbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #13
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Awesome project. I was agreeing with Nate until Scotty responded, plus you said you got the cart plus rear axle for darn near nothing. Adding the Father/Son chapter to your story and I'm all in! Just keep the costs down, there will be some costs.

What do you think you can commission your boy to do first? Granted there might be a bit of time of him watching before you can give him a task? Think it out and let the memories begin
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #14
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
Awesome project. I was agreeing with Nate until Scotty responded, plus you said you got the cart plus rear axle for darn near nothing. Adding the Father/Son chapter to your story and I'm all in! Just keep the costs down, there will be some costs.

What do you think you can commission your boy to do first? Granted there might be a bit of time of him watching before you can give him a task? Think it out and let the memories begin
Well the first task will be to disassemble the entire cart, he should have some fun with that. Then begins the slow task of rebuilding. I will post some pics along the way.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #15
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Excellent! If he keeps his eyes keen on what he is disassembling he will know more about the whole cart for the future. You can also use his disassembly, remembrance and patience as an example. I'm trusting you will take many pictures and other notes.

I can guess a young guy will want to prove himself to Dad when asked to take something apart so he will bite on doing it with gusto, but will he take the care to know what he is doing vs. just tearing it apart because its fun?

I tip my hat to you sir.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #16
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Excellent! If he keeps his eyes keen on what he is disassembling he will know more about the whole cart for the future. You can also use his disassembly, remembrance and patience as an example. I'm trusting you will take many pictures and other notes.

I can guess a young guy will want to prove himself to Dad when asked to take something apart so he will bite on doing it with gusto, but will he take the care to know what he is doing vs. just tearing it apart because its fun?

I tip my hat to you sir.
I will share pictures for sure. Thanks!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
rollsteam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey scottyb I have a motor here at work that I need to test its a series motor 36v out of an 2002 txt we think it might be the controller and I want to test the motor and be sure.Will you explain how to hook it up, what you have above it for a shunt motor correct?
rollsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:24 PM   #18
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollsteam View Post
Hey scottyb I have a motor here at work that I need to test its a series motor 36v out of an 2002 txt we think it might be the controller and I want to test the motor and be sure.Will you explain how to hook it up, what you have above it for a shunt motor correct?
Rollsteam, I'm sure Scotty can help you. Testing a motor on the bench is not an easy task as the output end needs to be supported so it doesn't contact the sides. If I where you I would start a new thread in the appropriate forum with this question. Scotty and other gurus are all over these forums and will see your questions.

Because what you are asking may be more than a simple answer, you are possibly doing a highjack of a thread. Not that I've ever been at risk of doing that LOL
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #19
rollsteam
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Rollsteam, I'm sure Scotty can help you. Testing a motor on the bench is not an easy task as the output end needs to be supported so it doesn't contact the sides. If I where you I would start a new thread in the appropriate forum with this question. Scotty and other gurus are all over these forums and will see your questions.

Because what you are asking may be more than a simple answer, you are possibly doing a highjack of a thread. Not that I've ever been at risk of doing that LOL
OOPS, didn't mean to do that but I can see what your saying! I'll will start a new thread.
rollsteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #20
mtpolarbear

E-Z-GO

Quote:
It sounds like the electric diff you got is about the same era as the cart. You may want to make a 12v test on the motor to see if it works. A replacement motor for that age differential is about $700.
Secure the differential (remove wheels).
Apply 12v per diagram, motor should turn.
Did a test of the motor last night and at 12v works fine. Another story for the differential. Looks like some new parts in there. Oh well I do plan on all new as part of the rebuild.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO