lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-12-2012, 08:01 PM   #11
virtualy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Not looking for off road capability just hauling (heavy) materials up a 30 degree slope on unimproved roads?
Yeah, I *get* that, scottyb.

The 25-30 degree slope is only 15 feet or so. The rest is 20 degrees or less. Don't think I'll be at GVW. Hauling gravel and dirt and the occasional bale or two. Maybe a log now and then.

Dirt roads, yes. Just cut them this fall; 5 foot width. Rain hasn't destroyed them, yet. Planted in clover and buckwheat, covered with straw. The plan is to have strips of gravel for the tires and plants to hold the roadway together.

That's the primary mission. I'd also like to take the dogs to a ridge half a mile, and steeply uphill from the house. Neighborhood street, 25 mph speed limit.

Budget is $3500. Preferably less.

Your thoughts?

Thanks.
virtualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Western Anthem ?

The western might work but it wouldn't be my choice. They are high end golfing carts built for the rigors of country club streets and groomed courses, certainly not hauling gravel up a 20* slope...
I have probably seen more Westerns than anybody else active on this site. I know 1st hand the custom frame and body additions add weight which eventually leads to suspension failure and that the factory electrical upgrades were not complete and that the cart has trouble (over time) in steep country clubs .
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:43 PM   #13
virtualy
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. What *would* be your choice?
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #14
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
certainly not hauling gravel up a 20* slope...
FWIW

Hold left Alt, then pres 2, 4, 8, to get this °
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
FWIW

Hold left Alt, then pres 2, 4, 8, to get this °
nope not working? I get nothing?
Google gives me this > Hold down the "Alt" on your keyboard and type the numbers 0176 = ° like 48° . that works °
Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On the subject of golf carts, I like the ezgo TXT PDS for your application. A DCS would give you alittle less speed but more torque for the hills. Both can be outfitted with aftermarket cargo boxes for hauling and both can go 20 and 24 mph respectively with controller and cable upgrades. A voltage increase from 36 to 48v would gain another 33% torque and speed from the stock motor.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
virtualy
Not Yet Wild

Let me start by saying I'm not in love with the Anthem, about which this thread was started, so I'm open to any and all ideas. That said, I see advantage to having a cart with a VIN and an easy path to registration as a street legal vehicle.

As I understand it, the Anthem is likely a PDS TXT with bells and whistles. scootyb objects to the inadequate suspension and electric drive implementation. Perusing the Carts Unlimited website I see controller and cable upgrades for ~$750. I see stronger leaf springs on the web for <$100. Assuming I can negotiate 4 new 12 V batteries instead of 7 new 6 V batteries with the seller, would this approach give me a cart up to the task at hand?

BTW, thanks to all who've contributed to this thread.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

4/12v will reduce the available operating amperage.
Amperage is what the motor consumes. You want the battery with the highest ah rating possible for the longest run time.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I know most of the Western GCs had retrofitted bodies that added to the weight and caused performance and suspension issues, but the picture of the Anthem I posted a link to back in post #3 looked like it had a relatively stock TXT body and might not have the suspension issues. (Here it is attached instead of the whole page linked.)
Of course, I don't know for sure one way or the other.

As for batteries. 6x8V would give you far more run-time than 4x12V, and 7x6V would give you the most run-time, but not quite as much speed or torque.

Also, Due to amps being used vs Amp-Hours stored, how long it will be before you'll have to replace the battery pack is the longest for 7x6V, followed by 6x8V and 4x12V has the shortest battery lifespan.

I see Scotty has beat me on the keyboard again, but I'll post this anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg anthemmain.jpg (51.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #20
stretchman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualy View Post
Let me start by saying I'm not in love with the Anthem, about which this thread was started, so I'm open to any and all ideas. That said, I see advantage to having a cart with a VIN and an easy path to registration as a street legal vehicle.

As I understand it, the Anthem is likely a PDS TXT with bells and whistles. scootyb objects to the inadequate suspension and electric drive implementation. Perusing the Carts Unlimited website I see controller and cable upgrades for ~$750. I see stronger leaf springs on the web for <$100. Assuming I can negotiate 4 new 12 V batteries instead of 7 new 6 V batteries with the seller, would this approach give me a cart up to the task at hand?

BTW, thanks to all who've contributed to this thread.
They are NOT pds model They are TXT's with series wound motor, stock frame and suspension and some later models had the 42v on board chargers mounted under front cowl. they had shoulder strap seat belts, turn signals, licence plate mounts with light and reflectors on rocker panels, side mirror. they were sold with a kick back fund if you registered it. Back in the day we could get enough of these carts
stretchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO