lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Metric tire size options with Jake's 3 inch lift kit

I live overseas and want to source my tires locally - unfortunately this means using the metric system.

I have been told to go for a 22 x 11 x 10 tire which theoretically translates to 280 55 R10 under the metric system (and this tire does not exist). This is part of a Don Plowman upgrade.

I have tried searching for standard sizes under metric but cant seem to find anything suitable.

Can anyone help in terms of a solution? Can I also use R12 or other size with Jake's? Would other sectional width tires be ok?

Thanks in advance

Slobdiddy
slobdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 10:53 AM   #2
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Metric tire size options with Jake's 3 inch lift kit

Alternatively, I may just ship from the US as shipping costs seem cheaper than I thought. There are so many different types of tire available. Can someone point me in the right direction of a good one for road use only.
Old 03-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

If you want an off road looking tire for on road, in a larger size like 22s, most use the desert type tires. They usually have a snow/mud truck tire looking tread. They will last a long time on pavement compared to mud tires and still work offroad just not as good in mud. Lot of stock polaris atv come with a tread with angled crossing bars, another desert or scramble type tread they also work well for dual use.

Maxxis bighorn
duro desert
trilobite
most tires with 'desert' in the name.

You can also try to find a truck tire that fits your wheels, some larger diameter they do. An offroad or mud/snow car or truck tire can work but are not always that wide. Narrow tires not as good in sand. For example some people here run goodyear wrangler truck tires on their utv, some places you can run roads here (side roads unless you mod the utv and license it). They wear much longer than typical utv tires and with 4wd they can still do ok offroad.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #4
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

here is a photo of mine with a 3" lift and 215/50/12 backlash turf tire on a rxv
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0026.jpg (236.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0027.jpg (167.9 KB, 0 views)
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:35 PM   #5
slobdiddy
Gone Wild

Thanks all. I worked out that to get a 22 inch metric tire you need an R13 wheel. Will this fit on a Jake's 3 inch lift?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha