lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
yeznatea
Not Yet Wild

Wink 2004 DS Was submerged in saltwater

I just bought this Cart,An would like to get it going to have something to ride around the place on.I have never had any dealings with a electric vehicle before so ya'll get ready for the dumbest qustions ya ever heard . I have All the parts, some of the wires have the terminals ate off.The controller has severe corrosion.so it will have to be replaced. I have ordered a new one of these. I have a new set of #4 Gage wire Battery wires ,And a new Solonoid on order. The Battery's have some charge left The water level was not to the top of the battery's So I do not belive the salt water got to the inside ???The computer looks Ok Any way to Check it?The charger needs to be checked to.
yeznatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2008, 10:28 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: 2004 DS Was submerged in saltwater

If you did not receive the Maint/Service Manual with this I would order it ASAP while you are waiting on the other parts.
There are a lot of test procedures and Pictures you will need.
Fore extra reading search the Forum for the word IKE , just a little heads up on what to expect.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum yeznatea..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:35 PM   #4
yeznatea
Not Yet Wild

thanks glad to be with yall, what is sticky mand IKE meaan? al
Old 12-08-2008, 01:02 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

stickies are like a FAQ answer or info like wiring diagrams etc. IKE was a hurricane which left a lot of people thinking they could buy a cart cheap and fix it up for little money. Research this well, there is a lot to reclaiming an electric vehicle from the sea. Don't think I would try it. I don't want to have to dismantle the whole rear end on a cart to clean it and reassemble just because it sat in salt water. I would rather any junker from dry land. For that matter, the drier, the better! Good Luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

These IKE carts are making their way up here in my city too.

Looks like there are going to be lots of the Ike carts left for junk and dissapointed buyers after they find out what it's going to cost to be fixed.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well said Scotty and Rusty - I would only give a 10% OK for someone that was an EXPERIENCED builder on purchasing a submerged cart, not someone new to the carting world. I have had people bring them to us and I turn the jobs down. I want nothing to do with them.

Just because a cart "runs" after cleanup, doesn't mean that the submerged electronics won't soon fail once electricity is applied.

Try your luck - you might just get the deal of the century - OR you might just get something that will end up costing more than a reconditioned cart with much better options.

Just my input from 30 years in the business

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:33 PM   #8
phasetim
Just me. .

Club Car

I agree with all the above posts.... saltwater ruins everything except the aluminum frame..
phasetim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasetim View Post
I agree with all the above posts.... saltwater ruins everything except the aluminum frame..
I bought 2 Club Cars (sight unseen) that were City of LA beach patrol units....... Everything aluminum was badly pitted and everything steel like the delta tower was rusted to heck......Even the Club Cars are not immune..
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:25 PM   #10
yeznatea
Not Yet Wild

Guy's I gotta agree with every thing that each one has said, I would add that the top side ain't all that a guy needs to look at. After pulling the rear cover and getting to a place that I can really look at what all I got to do,Common sense Says, Ditch it! Now the other side of the way my rabbit mind works. Can I do This??Do I have the capabilities/Will you guy's put up with my Qustions? I'm retired, A heck of alot more time than money(or brains)! The Way I see it Strip It down And clean what I can. Throw the Junk Away, And start looking on the parts specials. First Qustion - I saw A package deal no#4 wires solonoid ,Speed control & a motor for around $1100-$1200 . besides the battery's is this the basic's? Thanks Al
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car