lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2008, 08:53 PM   #1
mank
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Year ID

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and have to learn how things work here so please bear with me. The first question I have is I don't know how to identify the year of the Club Car that I bought today. What I found online said that 2001 1/2 and newer has 1 piece back rest and black top supports and a top with handholds and it also said that the first 2 numbers in the S/N indicate the year, my cart has all of those things , but my first 2 letters are 91 so I'm not sure what year it is. I'll attempt to post some pictures soon It is real nice with a lift and ITP wheels offroad tires custom built aluminum nerf bars with green and white Nascar paint with #88 and all sponsor stickers and it runs good.Any help will be appreciated
mank is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2008, 09:09 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Year ID

Welcome to the forum mank....................

You will generally hear all kinds of stories about identifying golf carts.

In 2000 Club Car started the Black "top Struts". They are black, steel, curvy and not straight for the most part. Also the tops have hand holds cut outs made in the top. The seat backs were one piece.

Up to and including 1999, the tops did not have the hand holds and the struts were aluminum and also aluminum color. The seat backs were two piece, or 2 cushions.

This is only true for the standard golf cart. You will find variations in their utility vehicles, beverage carts, carryalls & etc.

Yes the serial numbers start with a letter or 2 letters and the following next 2 numbers will be the year. Example AQ03XXXXXX....... This is a 2003 IQ cart.

And......... Yes some older carts have been modified by their previous owners with the late model style tops and struts. It makes the carts look newer.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

The serial number determines the model year.. Later model tops and seats are easily retrofitted to the older cars..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #4
mank
Not Yet Wild

Hey Rusty, Thanks for the welcome and the info, but I'm still confused about the year due to the S/N but it does have the curvy top supports and I am 95% sure it's newer than 2001. So here is the S/N and I wonder if you can help me decipher what type and year the cart is. A9118 243840. I have a couple of 2001 EZ go's and kinda know about their models and the years on them are easy to figure out, but I am new to club cars. Thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Yessir........ according to the serial number, it's deffinately a 1991 year model.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
mank
Not Yet Wild

Well I guess that I was wrong but I will post pictures later and even though it's a 91 it sure is sharp!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yepper......here is an 1989 with some of the latemodel goodies including an '03 plastic body, bumpers, steering wheel...... S/N are the rule....
1989 DS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0330.jpg (72.8 KB, 96 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:55 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Another '89 with the roof .....
'89 CC DS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1928.jpg (105.0 KB, 93 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car